Found 29th Sep 2009
i came home today to find my dog had left a 3 inch gash in my quite new and rather expensive leather sofa ,

good times

anyway im after some advice , ive just been reading on google that i could buy like a leather pillow case in the same colour that i could push over the cushion , but where would i get one of these

if not what sort of price would i be looking at to get a professional to look at it ? and can anyone recommend one in the west london area ?

1. Misc
  2. Sofa
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Sofa
18 Comments

Banned

i dont think its actually possible to 'repair' unless you get the cushion totally recovered.

Original Poster

ive tried ringing a few numbers i got off google but no one answered

Original Poster

skamma;6431664

i dont think its actually possible to 'repair' unless you get the cushion … i dont think its actually possible to 'repair' unless you get the cushion totally recovered.

how much would that cost ?

sorry no idea hun, all i could suggest would be electrical tape :oops:

But i hope you get it fixed xxxx

and the sofa too ( poor dog ) ;-)

Original Poster

skamma;6431664

i dont think its actually possible to 'repair' unless you get the cushion … i dont think its actually possible to 'repair' unless you get the cushion totally recovered.

and thats what the pillow case things do , they bassicaly just go over the old cushion so you cant tell the difference

but all the article said was leather slip over , where i get one of these

There is a way the pro's do it. They put a material underneath the gasp, inside the arm and use an epoxy resin to glue the sides to the material, pull the gash together and later buff the fine line that's left with a colour matching wax. It's not an invisible repair, but near enough and ends up looking like the grain in the leather.

wouldnt this be covered in ur contents insurance?

did they not talk you in to taking out gaurdsman or some other type of insurance cover when
yiu bought it

this happened to my sister and she phoned some company who came out took the sofa away repaired it brought it back and it looks new again did cost her £100 quid though but it has made her more aware of the animals now when she is not home!

Bikebarbie;6432153

wouldnt this be covered in ur contents insurance?

Nope, pet's doing damage are usually excluded, check the t~c's tho just in case

Original Poster

deanos;6432706

Nope, pet's doing damage are usually excluded, check the t~c's tho just … Nope, pet's doing damage are usually excluded, check the t~c's tho just in case

yea the insurance is basic , like if my home burnt down

Have you spoken to the company who sold you the sofa? maybe they can arrange something....

My dog jumped up on mine and put a long nail mark down it, the leather was not split in two just scratched badly.
I had it repaired at a cost of about £35.00 Quite a good job done on it and not that noticable when finished because they also spray the leather the same colour. My sofa was new at the time so I think thats why the colour was such a good match as it had not faded at all.

Original Poster

yvonne&mike;6439743

My dog jumped up on mine and put a long nail mark down it, the leather … My dog jumped up on mine and put a long nail mark down it, the leather was not split in two just scratched badly.I had it repaired at a cost of about £35.00 Quite a good job done on it and not that noticable when finished because they also spray the leather the same colour. My sofa was new at the time so I think thats why the colour was such a good match as it had not faded at all.

yea mines quite new had it like 2 months , theres no fading or anything , where you from and who did you use ?

Original Poster

gari189;6439705

Have you spoken to the company who sold you the sofa? maybe they can … Have you spoken to the company who sold you the sofa? maybe they can arrange something....

going to do that today , see what they say , but i doubt it , i was actually thinking about going straight to the manufacturer , if anyone can fix it , it must be them

If you have pet insurance, it should cover it.

Mine has a few grand accidental damage if the Dog breaks something !

brock101;6449602

going to do that today , see what they say , but i doubt it , i was … going to do that today , see what they say , but i doubt it , i was actually thinking about going straight to the manufacturer , if anyone can fix it , it must be them

The " manufacturer " may well be in China or Italy, most are made in these two countries.

skin 3" off the dog and patch it with dog leather seems only fair
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What is gearbest like on warranty?77
    2. Nintendo switch browser11
    3. Driving anxiety.2949
    4. Student beans discount code11

See more discussions