Groups

3 mobile broadband offer quick question........

I ordered this via the £7.50 a month offer due to arrive on 8th of august,just flicked over the page again and it says:

Whats in the box

USB Data Modem
    USB cable
    User guide
    Sim card

What do I need the simcard for or am I missing something here???

6 Comments

The simcard goes into the modem

you put the sim card inside the usb data modem. its like a contract mobile instead of giving you minutes it gives you gbs of data.

Original Poster

RedIron;2660797

The simcard goes into the modem

it does?:oops: but you dont get an extra bill on top of the £7.50 unless you go over the download limit,correct?

Mardyass;2660802

it does?:oops: but you dont get an extra bill on top of the £7.50 unless … it does?:oops: but you dont get an extra bill on top of the £7.50 unless you go over the download limit,correct?

Yes that correct, you can use a pay as you go simcard in there to I believe

Original Poster

RedIron;2660805

Yes that correct, you can use a pay as you go simcard in there to I … Yes that correct, you can use a pay as you go simcard in there to I believe

Ahhhh got it now,totally new to this so was wondering why on earth i would need a sim card lol

The USB modem is basically a mobile phone without a display, keypad, battery etc. - it's stripped right down so it only functions as a data device tethered to a computer which is why it still needs a simcard.

John
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…24104
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4211876
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764653
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals31411

See more discussions