Groups
    EXPIRED

3 mobile contract coming to an end.....

3 customer services have started to pester me to stay with them, but all of the offers so far have been similar to the online options as far as I can tell.

Has anyone been offered any great offers as they were about to leave 3 that I can use as a bargaining tool.

Thanks,

James

14 Comments

Just be careful what you accept from 3. I would advise you to not even open the phone until you get the tariff confirmed in writing.

They offered me the usual rubbish until one day I got a call asking me what other deal I was going for and they would mach it as I am a loyal and valued customer.

They offered me a n95 8gb with 600 mins and 400 texts for 20 pounds per month all in, I accepted this, received the phone the next day and started using it.

Few days later I got a letter to say thanks for staying with them and I get 300 mins or texts for 27 pounds a month!

It took me ages to get it cancelled and I will never go near them again.

Original Poster

my last deal was a cracker, 18 month contract, £1 a month for the first 17 months, £18 a month on month 18 for 500 mins and 100 texts. Not sure if they will be able to do something like that again....

Banned

If you are paying around £30 per month the world is pretty much your oyster.

I've seen deals where you can get unlimited texts and up to 800 minutes. Some also come with a 32" LCD tv

Original Poster

I was hoping to be paying closer to £15 as I will be stuck in an 18 month contract anyway. Have been stung with cash back in the past by 'mobilerainbow'/'msols/Rsols or whatever they call themselves nowadays.

What;s the best I can expect for £15.

Have looked at the sony ericsson C902 and the N965 8GB. Which do people prefer?

Original Poster

I foolishly accepted a N95 8GB with 500 mins and unlimited texts at £22 per month - has anyone else accepted this but for lower line rental?

I guess I can still return this untouched.

You should always leave and start from scratch at the end of a contract as none of the phone operators give to existing what they give to new.

Original Poster

I have to disagree, 22 per month seems to be better than existing offers (cashback aside). I just suspect that others have got the same thing cheaper.

I just spoke to them on the phone for 35 mins as my contract expires on 2/10/08. I had a refurb'd handset originally and got a cracking deal for £17.50 a month. they took ages tonight when I rang to cancel and ending up accepting W890i, £21 per month on Mix and Match 500 with £18 one off discount - making it £20 per month.

I was really hoping for more of a discount - do you think I should have held out for more?

Should I just leave the handset untouched and ring to cancel again....any advice?

Just realised - I could have come back as a new customer and got Quidco :x making it a better deal than what they have given me.

Time to ring again I think....

Original Poster

If you accept the phone, is there a cost for sending it back?

I got 400 mins 100 txts for £10 pm with K850i

luvadealme;2890143

If you accept the phone, is there a cost for sending it back?

I think they send a freepost/prepaid envelope for it.

Rang again after my last post and they wouldn;t even match Quidco!

I've asked around at work and someone suggested ringing up for my PAC code - this might get them thinking about better offers.

Dio;2890906

I think they send a freepost/prepaid envelope for it. Rang again after my … I think they send a freepost/prepaid envelope for it. Rang again after my last post and they wouldn;t even match Quidco!I've asked around at work and someone suggested ringing up for my PAC code - this might get them thinking about better offers.

I ended up ringing and asking for a PAC code, they then offered me what I wanted (300mins, unltd Texts, 25 video mins, 25 pic messages, £5 content - all for £19/month) , took a litlle while but I got there. Still reckon I could have hung on for longer and got more from them but I'm too impatient!

I just got a managers spectial deal (pester them about other offers from other networks- and tell them to match it). 750 min, 200 txt (ithink) , 5mb content download, N95 , 12 months contract . 18 pounds a month:D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Lidl Memory Foam Mattress55
      2. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1719
      3. Private Number Plate44
      4. Iptv1228

See more discussions