Groups

3 Mobile have given me someones address, number account number and sort code!

Just a a quick one - I couldn't believe this.
    I went into the 3 store in Manchester to ask about mobile broad offers - anyway, the guy wrote down a few quotes for on a piece of paper. but when I got home home I realised that the paper had a customers deatils - everything: Name, address, how long he had lived there, his previous address, date of birth, time in current job, occupation, home phone / work phone and mobile, time at bank.......AND his account number and sort code!

I couldn't believe it. I have called him to warn but - I've got to say I was so shocked!

9 Comments

stupid 3, thats a breach of the data protection act i think, complain,

Take it to your local paper. 3 should not be allowed to get away with it. Next time it could be you!

Original Poster

I'm certainly staying away from 3!

Is there any official board I should get in touch with like watchdog or bbc your news- - im not sure really!

I guess it was a genuine mistake or something - i know what it's like when you scramble around for paper to make some notes (although thankfuly I don't deal with customer details on paper).

go to the newspaper and ask for a story on incompetence in an age of terrorism and identity fraud.

should be a good lil story in the sun! (it'll be sensationalised)

that is a MASSIVE breach of data protection and this other bloke could have a huge payment from 3 if he complains about this. call him again and tell him to look up the Data Protection Laws and lodge a complaint with 3

Original Poster

Date of birth, time in current job, occupation, home phone / work phone and mobile, time at bank.......

vixygwim;2006096

Name, address, years likely in attendance... electoral role easily … Name, address, years likely in attendance... electoral role easily downloadable.Bank account number, sort... easily obtainable from cheques.What's the big deal, like Jeremy Clarkson found out about the only possible damage that could be done is a direct debit instruction set up for a charity or something.Not like they gave you a copy of his passport is it.

with all those deailts somone could get a phone on contract and they will be billed and many other things

Seriously, take it straight down to your local paper. If they won't run with it then contact some of the bloggers who focus on privacy.

qazim;2006120

with all those deailts somone could get a phone on contract and they will … with all those deailts somone could get a phone on contract and they will be billed and many other things

you need a copy of an id with photo too, isn't it ?
    seriously though, so some teenager working part time in some 3 shop gave you details: how does that make 3 incompetant ?
    especially since you don't even precise if it was a 3 brand shop or a franchise...
    gosh! give the little sales guy a break....
    for all that it matters, the details you have were already in the CD's the goverment lost containing personal details for half of britain!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…66
      2. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only22
      3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      4. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44

See more discussions