3 Mobile Returns Policy

Found 11th Dec 2017
I purchased a phone in store but changed my mind and decided to get a refund. However I was told that purchases made instore cannot be returned or exchanged? I was not told this before I purchased the phone so I’m not sure what I can do
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Ring CS.
Does it not work ?, is it faulty ?
Once the handset leaves the store it's yours and no change of mind, buying online gives you more rights as the distance selling regulations kick in, you were given the right info.
_-Richie-_11th Dec 2017

Once the handset leaves the store it's yours and no change of mind, buying …Once the handset leaves the store it's yours and no change of mind, buying online gives you more rights as the distance selling regulations kick in, you were given the right info.

Not saying you are wrong but I wonder how people were returning from headsets to Argos when they decided they wanted the later V2 version.

Has the phone box been opened and the seal broken? this making the phone no longer in a sellable condition, hence why 3 are refusing refund.
No store are obliged to give you a refund unless the item is faulty they usually do it out of good will See here
Edited by: "ding" 11th Dec 2017
32701933-06a9J.jpg
rogparki1 h, 55 m ago

Does it not work ?, is it faulty ?

SOUTHWALES1 h, 39 m ago

Has the phone box been opened and the seal broken? this making the phone …Has the phone box been opened and the seal broken? this making the phone no longer in a sellable condition, hence why 3 are refusing refund.

The phone hasn’t been opened and the seal is still in tact
_-Richie-_11th Dec 2017

Once the handset leaves the store it's yours and no change of mind, buying …Once the handset leaves the store it's yours and no change of mind, buying online gives you more rights as the distance selling regulations kick in, you were given the right info.

The sales advisor did not mention that they don’t have a returns policy. As a customer how am I suppose to know this if they do not tell me?
anon021 h, 41 m ago

The sales advisor did not mention that they don’t have a returns policy. A …The sales advisor did not mention that they don’t have a returns policy. As a customer how am I suppose to know this if they do not tell me?

It’s pretty much retail law. As in stores don’t have to do anything. For any company to offer a returns period, that is over and above your statutory rights.

Unfortunately it’s one of these things you learn passively rather than get actively told.
anon021 h, 44 m ago

The sales advisor did not mention that they don’t have a returns policy. A …The sales advisor did not mention that they don’t have a returns policy. As a customer how am I suppose to know this if they do not tell me?

As a consumer you should know your rights, and understand that the onus is on you to investigate their T&Cs before forming a contract with them. You especially shouldn't expect beyond your statuary rights for no reason.
that sounds pretty rigid ..considering the box is still unopened... will be careful with ordering from three in the future..
Edited by: "blkwhte" 11th Dec 2017
Three INSIST ON opening the box when you get a phone even when you didn't want to...they try force you to so making the phone non returnable

I got a phone sold to me and it badly overheated and burned my leg and had such a bad experience. They wouldn't send it away for repair at first and then they found they had to replace it and wouldn't swap it for another model. In short three have been a nightmare to me and you should avoid them at all costs.
If the phone is defective stores usually will.accept a return but they want to swap it for a replacement of same model and colour.

To show its defective you have to have used it

If they say in store it has a feature it doesn't or it can do something it can't then you can return it for refund
anon022 h, 14 m ago

They don't tell you not to steal either.

Invent a fault with it, say you've read about it being a known issue online and don't want a replacement.

Worth a go.
is it as part of a contract? in which case there may be a cooling off period
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants