3 network complaints where to call (uk based number)

Found 29th Nov 2012
I am a three customer for more 4 years now. I recently been upgraded for Alcatel one touch 903. That handset was not working properly. So I exchanged my handset. The new handset arrived on 22nd November. When I tried downloading Skype, it says that I need to call 3. So I spoke to xxxx where I was told I have to download skype and I have to use my internet allowances and I can make free skype calls. I was not happy with it. I was not aware of it at the time of upgrading and also I was not told about it by the customer care member. Then I was transferred to the technical team where I got different answer that I have use my internet allowances for both downloading and for making skype to skype calls. He also mentioned that If I use skype for 1 hour roughly I will be spending 15 to 20 mb of internet. I was terribly shocked and upset since 3 network is very famous for the skype calls and that is the reason for being with three.

Now the call was disconnected and I spoke to another person where I got similar information whichever the 1st told me (that downloading will consume internet allowances and calls wont) I was frustrated and told to connect it to the manager. The manager spoke to me. She told the same as the adviser now and I told her about the technical team response. She put me on hold for 10 minutes or so and then she come back to me saying that yes I need to use my internet allowances. Here I was not happy and wanted to get out of the contract or I just wanted atleast free skype calls to make or even to change for skype compatible phone or to get back for my previous contract.

She just shouted at me " Look! already you asked for an exchange and the exchange has been done. (note here she meant to say that I purposefully exchanged the phone) I was angry with the response and just asked her whether there is any uk based call centre and she said No. I told her I wanted to quit the contract and she told me I have to pay 203 pounds for termination. I disagree with that & I disconnected the phone and went to three web page and made a complaint. When I finished the message said that I will be getting a call back within 72 hours and I didnt. Again I called the 3 customer care, where I was told that it is not misselling and I have to be with this contract.
In the meanwhile, again this handset (exchanged) was giving me the same trouble as the previous one. But at that stage I am not really worrying to exchange I really wanted to get out of three network.
I went to three store and told them I wanted to quit the contract with three and was told that I need to speak to 3 customer care team asking for the head office team in Scotland.
Again I called the team based in India transferred to dept to dept and was told about the same. But then finally customer care member registered a complaint and told that I will get a call back. HOPEFULLY.
Any suggestions or any uk based numbers where I can get solution.

THANKS
Community Updates
Misc
24 Comments
So long story short you bought a phone thinking Skype calls were free but they in fact use your data allowance. How it that 3's fault? Did you specifically ask if Skype was free even before getting the first faulty phone as you do not mention saying so above?
Original Poster
Yes. I did mention
He told this is an android phone. So not a problem.
AFAIK Skype calls over Three's network are free
Original Poster
i have only 250 mb internet and skype is consuming internet allowance
Banned
0843 3733330 is exec complaints

08003584916 is normal complaints. (you need to get a complaint number before you can take it forward)
Original Poster
thanks for that

According to this three.co.uk/_po…ype that model can't do skype on 3.
I believe you can download skype from the mobile three page and that version does not use the allowance.
and this tells you what it uses

support.three.co.uk/SRV…585,Case=obj(3843)

"Don't forget, downloading and using the Skype app uses data, which will come out of your data allowance."
As I recall, 3 used to offer a few handsets that promised Skype free for life (and ONLY on those handsets). But they dropped that sometime last year and they no longer do any kind of free Skype.

As Skype uses data its bond to come out of your bundle, how else could you use it?
Sounds like the op is basing this 'complaint' on old and out of date info...
Original Poster
Thank you. I called that 0800 number and they cancelled my contract saying that I dont need to pa h ermination fees. Just one month cancellation charges which is the line rental. Thank you so much friends whoever helped here!
no their customer service team is based in India why do you not use wifi to download skype. connect via wifi to your or family members broadband to download n use internet free
I have a three account and it's crap.I have had no Internet for 5 months.They informed me from India it was being dealt with but it hasn't.I was promised phone calls to give me updates and so far I go have received 1 call to say it might be at least another month.That was three months ago.I have complained 11 times and had no contact back.They are totally **** you call tech services it's a lottery to get someone you can understand.I have given them a 5 day ultimatum then I will cancel my contract and get a new I phone.You would think paying 50 quid a month they would value my custom.Anyone considering three mobile then don't.There are better networks.I am still having to pay a full bill.I have requested a discount for the past few months but nothing.Not a call or text from them.
I have a problem I haven't had any network coverage since 10,30am this morning my whole day wasted will 3network compensate me loosing orders because couldn't get to the customers
haitchkay

I have a problem I haven't had any network coverage since 10,30am this … I have a problem I haven't had any network coverage since 10,30am this morning my whole day wasted will 3network compensate me loosing orders because couldn't get to the customers

I bet the people who started this thread over 2 years ago really care lol
haitchkay

I have a problem I haven't had any network coverage since 10,30am this … I have a problem I haven't had any network coverage since 10,30am this morning my whole day wasted will 3network compensate me loosing orders because couldn't get to the customers

I bet you've a personal phone account? If your business means so much to you get a dedicated business account.
I've been with 3 for nearly 4 yrs got a new HTC desire phone which is craps complained got nothing.When my contract runs out will b going elsewhere shocking service.Not happy
M partner and I have both had a 3 mobile phone and have used 3 for many years. However after the last year service or rather lack or it, we have both decided to move to another service provider. During the last 12 months we have had almost no signal at home so have not been able to use internet or make phone calls. Customer service has been shockingly poor and what we was supposed to have as part of the package we found hasnt happened at all. The told me my phone was fine when it got a fault and sent it back to me unrepaired, was not given a temp phone while it was in for repair, and yet when I took it to a local phone repair shop he had it fixed in 1 hr and at a cost of £75 but was 3 going to admit they was wrong or reimburse me? No!

We cancelled our contracts with them and was told if we wanted the pak code to keep the same phone number we had to use it within 20 days or we would have to give ANOTHER 30 days notice to cancel as the account would remain open. I have no intention of giving yet another 30 days notice and paying for a phone for a month when I cant use it as hardly ever get a signal.
I'm changing to a pay as you go phone and they tried to get me to sign up to a pay as you go contract deal for 12 months, from experience I know their store price was more expensive that you can find online yourself and doesnt include all that the salesmen say they do

A few mins ago I got a phone call from an indian male claiming to be called James and wanting to know why I cancelled the phone. When I told him I was told by him that he didnt understand. Me being me I told him that i'm not surprised as he isnt even in the uk and he told me he was in London. Funny that when their call centres are in india. My advice to anyone is avoid like the plague. Me I am now going to go to EE they were far more helpful, even telling me that the package I was looking at was more than I needed to pay and showing me a different tarrif that was under half the price and explaining that with the benefits they give every 3 months it would be the same as the one I was looking at originally in 3 months and that benefits are added every 3 months and creates a great package. I wont go back to 3 mobile and dont recommend anyone else uses them either
I've just moved into a new property in the Doncaster Area postcode (DN68JW) and there is no service available in the property at all,but as soon as you go out onto the street there is service,So I've been into the 3 Store in Doncaster today and they said there is a new poll or tower going up pretty soon but no date given,And also customers of 3 on the opposite side of the road have no problems,Maybe a site visit with a new Bering and a up or down tilt may work a little better for the whole area,Could somebody please give me a ring on 07780766829,And let me no how long I've got to be without service and signal in this area many thanks Mr Bott
[/quote]
1664beer

I've just moved into a new property in the Doncaster Area postcode … I've just moved into a new property in the Doncaster Area postcode (DN68JW) and there is no service available in the property at all,but as soon as you go out onto the street there is service,So I've been into the 3 Store in Doncaster today and they said there is a new poll or tower going up pretty soon but no date given,And also customers of 3 on the opposite side of the road have no problems,Maybe a site visit with a new Bering and a up or down tilt may work a little better for the whole area,Could somebody please give me a ring on 07780766829,And let me no how long I've got to be without service and signal in this area many thanks Mr Bott

[/quote]
A well insulated house with metal film on the double glazzed windows will stop the signal geting through

I recently had the glazing renewed at the front of the house , now no signal
At the back of the house signal is ok , i'll wait till i see what happens when double glazing is renewed at the back this summer
deleted265520
Bore off bumping old threads
I have ordered a phone and sim online and have received sims and no phone but want to cancel my contract all together as dont want it anymore
I put a cap on my acount so i could not go over the limit , for one year everything was fine and naw they made my bill with 50 pound more and told me that i spend minutes over limit, i'm like how is that possible if i have a cap and they say "no mam on this account was never a cap" so i've check my messages for one year ago and read to them , so they just sayd to wait for few minutes after that he is like " dont worry mam you dont have to pay that extra money" really??? they are like doing me a favour after i spend one hour and my energy with them. what is going on with theit sistem , or they just lying
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants