Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

3 new Sky channels launch at no extra cost for subscribers. HLG programmes available from tomorrow.

Posted 26th May
skygroup.sky/en-…tory

3 New Sky channels available from 27/05/2020.

Sky Nature.
Sky Documentaries.
Sky History.

Sky are also finally taking its first steps into HDR with 3 programmes on sky nature that will be in UHD HLG format from tomorrow.

These are on Sky Nature:
Malawi: Wildlife Rescue
Pridelands: Wilderness Reborn
Gangs of Lemur Island.

What does this mean for you, well if you are a sky subscriber you get 3 new channels at no extra cost.

If you are a Sky Q UHD sky subscriber with a capable TV you get HLG at no addiontal cost..... currently as you never know with sky!

A lot of talk about what boxes will or won't be able to play this content, only quote from sky current is
“Our newer Sky Q 1TB UHD and 2TB boxes support HDR. Some of our older Sky Q boxes do not support HDR"
Community Updates
Misc
11 Comments
Are these 3 additional channels or 3 renamed channels?
Need to edit your link to include the "y" Sounds like sky nature replaces love nature maybe hopefully it'll stay on VM as well

40881596-UtFwJ.jpg
Edited by: "DaveG46" 26th May
Gollywood26/05/2020 20:42

Are these 3 additional channels or 3 renamed channels?

Looks abit that way doesn't it, maybe not the documentaries but looking at the program list not much grabs me but you never know :/
40881671-WFSlR.jpg
40882612-FhGoX.jpgSky q 2tb but only the v2 and v3 boxes are compatible....
Edited by: "the.porter" 26th May
I'm don't know about the other two but I think I remember an advert on Sky saying that History was moving to channel 123 and was goong to be called Sky History.
the.porter26/05/2020 22:21

[Image] Sky q 2tb but only the v2 and v3 boxes are compatible....

What are you checking that on Porter?
Daniel_Kolb26/05/2020 23:00

What are you checking that on Porter?

Just use your voice search gangs of lemur it will flag if your box is hdr capable
the.porter27/05/2020 07:26

Just use your voice search gangs of lemur it will flag if your box is hdr …Just use your voice search gangs of lemur it will flag if your box is hdr capable

Thanks for this yeah looks like my 2tb box isnt capable.
May I recommend that you watch the McMillions documentary about how millions were scammed out of McDonalds in the 90s using their Monopoly game. It features an FBI agent called Doug Mathews who has more charisma than a lot of actors and him alone makes it worth watching.
the.porter26/05/2020 22:21

[Image] Sky q 2tb but only the v2 and v3 boxes are compatible....

How do u find out what version box u have?
Post a comment
@
    Text