3 speed

Posted 8th Jul 2020
Is anyone else’s Three speeds bad these days. It used to be 15mbps most of the time and now for the past few days it is 95kbps.Towers are fine.Keep in mind these are 4g speeds.

3501783.jpg
Speed test wouldn’t even load this is the only app that would upload is even worse but is better at 7am and between 1-6.
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Mine is terrible. I have to use 3G because 4G is so bad and 3G isn’t great. It’s been like that for months for me. I keep hoping that it will improve.
Three is cheating its customers now, blatantly !
XSerenityX08/07/2020 14:57

Mine is terrible. I have to use 3G because 4G is so bad and 3G isn’t g …Mine is terrible. I have to use 3G because 4G is so bad and 3G isn’t great. It’s been like that for months for me. I keep hoping that it will improve.

Thanks I will see if my speeds improve on 3g
XSerenityX08/07/2020 14:57

Mine is terrible. I have to use 3G because 4G is so bad and 3G isn’t g …Mine is terrible. I have to use 3G because 4G is so bad and 3G isn’t great. It’s been like that for months for me. I keep hoping that it will improve.

Yeah 3G is 3mbps which is enough to cure my boredom thanks for the tip perhaps you could try other providers only went with it as it has roaming in America
Glad it worked. 😃 I’m definitely thinking of trying other providers. Poor speeds seem to be an ongoing problem with Three.
XSerenityX08/07/2020 15:35

Glad it worked. 😃 I’m definitely thinking of trying other providers. P …Glad it worked. 😃 I’m definitely thinking of trying other providers. Poor speeds seem to be an ongoing problem with Three.

Yeah the only good things are the prices voxi seems good at the moment 6gb and unlimited social data for £10
Just did a speed test and it's currently 12Mbps at 7pm in the evening. It may be a local issue rather than a national one.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 8th Jul
EndlessWaves08/07/2020 19:28

Just did a speed test and it's currently 12Mbps at 7pm in the evening. It …Just did a speed test and it's currently 12Mbps at 7pm in the evening. It may be a local issue rather than a national one.

9pm 15mbps I think taking the sim out did the trick and changing the apn settings and back
Speedtest 10:00 86.5Mbps Download 9.70 Mbps Upload
Haven't had a problem in years, it depends where you are
Edited by: "MT2045" 9th Jul
It's not just a local problem. I used 3 for years, but it wasn't working well in some of the areas we go to, and sometimes in city centres we got no data at all. So we jumped ship to Sky - my daughter is still with 3 but where she was staying the last year, you frequently couldn't make voice calls either. So once her contract is up next year, she'll probably be moved elsewhere too (I pay the bill....)
alg09/07/2020 10:25

It's not just a local problem. I used 3 for years, but it wasn't working …It's not just a local problem. I used 3 for years, but it wasn't working well in some of the areas we go to, and sometimes in city centres we got no data at all. So we jumped ship to Sky - my daughter is still with 3 but where she was staying the last year, you frequently couldn't make voice calls either. So once her contract is up next year, she'll probably be moved elsewhere too (I pay the bill....)

I’ve heard that if you have an existing sky contract you get a lower price on the other sim
teacoffeebiscuits09/07/2020 11:52

I’ve heard that if you have an existing sky contract you get a lower price …I’ve heard that if you have an existing sky contract you get a lower price on the other sim

I certainly didn't when we took a second sim. But when I look next year, I'll certainly ask.
alg09/07/2020 11:56

I certainly didn't when we took a second sim. But when I look next year, …I certainly didn't when we took a second sim. But when I look next year, I'll certainly ask.

Only reason I didn’t go with sky was because of the speeds they limit to 18/6 and in other areas on three I get 90/35
teacoffeebiscuits09/07/2020 19:19

Only reason I didn’t go with sky was because of the speeds they limit to 1 …Only reason I didn’t go with sky was because of the speeds they limit to 18/6 and in other areas on three I get 90/35

Fair enough - but when I was getting 0 down and no way of checking up, it's fine. I'm also not one for social media or watching media while out and about, so as long as I can see emails, hangouts, and use loyalty apps, I'm generally fine.

Edited by: "alg" 9th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text