3 trojans!! pulling my hair out!

31 replies
Found 13th Sep 2009
ALL day ive been doing spyware scans etc you name it! apparently i have below which i cant get rid of..
anyone got any miracle cures???????/

be back soon, i think my browser is getting hijacked also as it keeps kicking me off webpages after afew mins

trojan win32/hiloti.gen!a
trojan:win32/riern.a
Trojan:win32/Walesdac.gen!a

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
31 Comments

Original Poster

hahha i just read the title and it sounds like 3 trojans are pulling my hair out! hahah

i am bigus d!ckus i am sparta

Original Poster

raptorcigs;6283672

i am bigus d!ckus i am sparta

RAPPY!! loll this is serious!! lmaoooooooo

Original Poster

Daft Punk;6283686

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090102120013AA61ROLTry that?

IM pooped!!

I cant start in safe mode, its all locked down ( works pc)
Opps im busted!

check out my threads today - same thing and my computer is now history!

Original Poster

Deanc1966;6283685

Try Malwarebytes Anti-malware:http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Ive done that, ive done spy doctor, spy bot, and another one, and microsoft full scan and forefront client scan. booooooooooooooo

fairy;6283697

check out my threads today - same thing and my computer is now history!

look at it as a refresh,new start

try nod32 its the best

As prev advice, get work techies to look.
Do a clean windows install.
Or try MS you might get lucky.
]http//on…htm

Original Poster

Flynn Jack;6283730

As prev advice, get work techies to look. Do a clean windows install. Or … As prev advice, get work techies to look. Do a clean windows install. Or try MS you might get lucky.]http://onecare.live.com/site/en-gb/default.htm

Thats the one i did which picked up the trojans, none of the spyware ones did. That live one took 3hrs to complete..

Im gonna stop trying now and face fact i better take it into the IT dept..

I had a rootkit infection and tried loads of things to clean it but it just kept coming back turns out it hid itself as a fake driver file. anyway the one thing that finally killed it was GMER gmer.net/

pcnutta;6283771

Thats the one i did which picked up the trojans, none of the spyware ones … Thats the one i did which picked up the trojans, none of the spyware ones did. That live one took 3hrs to complete..Im gonna stop trying now and face fact i better take it into the IT dept..

If system restore is enabled you are most likely wasting your time, as every time the scanners find and delete the nasties; system restore has them safely stored away and reinstalls them.
Or a rootkit as someone else suggested.
Better let the techies pull their hair out.

Flynn Jack;6283847

If system restore is enabled you are most likely wasting your time, as … If system restore is enabled you are most likely wasting your time, as every time the scanners find and delete the nasties; system restore has them safely stored away and reinstalls them.Better let the techies pull their hair out.

Which is why you should always flush your system restore after a virus infection, ie: switch it off, and back on when you're sure you're clear :thumbsup:

Format and reinstall. Its quicker....lol :-D

StevenA2000_uk;6283895

Format and reinstall. Its quicker....lol :-D

+1

Unless you have stuff you need to save xx

raptorcigs;6283713

look at it as a refresh,new start

good attitude

raptorcigs;6283723

try nod32 its the best

what is this please?

ClarityofMind;6283917

+1 Unless you have stuff you need to save xx

all my childrens photos from birth onwards? yipes. serious situation for me.

can someone please summarise - either restore and lose everything or...................

If you use all four of these it should work a treat
AVG - The free one works fine
Spybot - Search And Destroy
Malwarebytes Anti Malware
Yahoo Anti Spy (runs from firefox and is totally awesome for such a small program)

They always work for me :-D

but from what I have read not if I have a rootkit?

fairy;6283970

all my childrens photos from birth onwards? yipes. serious situation for … all my childrens photos from birth onwards? yipes. serious situation for me.can someone please summarise - either restore and lose everything or...................

You dont have to lose everything,you need to backup everything you want to keep first ,Forget about anything else if all your kids pics are on here they are irreplaceable,If you can backup everything to DVD and if you cant then you need to remove the drive and put it on a HHD enclosure or another PC and then backup your files,Then you can worry about how to fix your PC,If you dont know how to do this find some one who does,

Seriously - If you use these four it should fix it. It takes a lot of time and patience but if hopefully will work. Spybot should get of the rootkit by restarting your pc and deleting all the files before they have been booted up on your system. Just keep scanning with the programs till you are virus free. It takes a lot of scanning and restarting but saves a reformat

ok - gonna back up (save photos) - and then do the 4 things - thanks all

if folk just paid for a decent internet security instead of using free crap like AVG, this sorta thing would be reported way less on here.

treat yourself to something like Eset Smart Security.
Been running it for 2 years now, my PC is on 24/7 and I've never had a problem with anything getting past it.

have done random scans with other stuff like Trend Housecall, Malwarebytes, spybot, adaware and never found anything at all.

free AV software is free for a reason. limited protection, often not even realtime guard against threats.

how often does someone report on here that they've been infected with something nasty and they've scanned with AVG/Avast/Avira and it won't get rid of it even though it finds it?

having said that, Malwarebytes is pretty darn good.

if you value your computer and the data do 2 things:

make a backup regularly
pay for a decent full internet protection software.

Banned

dude check the time this thread is 2 hours old and already has the answers required stop bumping old threads

Get some experts to havea look:

[url]www.whatthetech.com[/url]

Check out the forum

download and install Hijackthis.

run it and post the log file.

Original Poster

well im surfing.....

What we had to do....

We installed and run 3 seperate spyware progs,
We got definitions updates for microsoft forefront
We had to delete some reg keys
Removed it from ms config
Installed AVG which didnt pick up anything! so deleted it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769650
    2. Premium baked beans just 99p for 4 cans from ALDI!2245
    3. Boredom1721
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522899

See more discussions