Groups

3 week Florida Holiday cost - £5000??

I am considering a 3 week Florida Holiday easter next year 2010, as I have 2 kids aged 9 and 13 next year , at school I hope to only take them out of school for only 1 week . I have Tesco vouchers worth £660 - £2640 in deals. I haven't used any vouchers for 7 years. A virgin Florida fly drive villa with pool for 3 weeks comes up at £5000, so I will have to add £2500 as I won't get the 5% internet discount as I will have to phone up. I just hope the sterling is a bit stronger in 15 months.

Is £5000 for a 3 week holiday a good deal? 2 weeks of this is during a school holiday. I am not prepared to take them out of school for more than a week.

Should I use the vouchers for something else and pay for the whole florida holiday?

8 Comments

Banned

If you have 12 kids, it sounds like a good deal.... but no way of knowing as you havent said how many are in your travelling party!

i hope your tesco vouchers are still valid, becouse normally they only dated 3 years from the date you receive, and you have had it for 7 years.

We didn't have much choice for various reasons, but it cost us ( a couple) 5* plus things like parks, shuttle launch, balloon trip, about £3,900 total for 7 nights in Orlando a few weeks ago.

bargain123hunter;4246235

i hope your tesco vouchers are still valid, becouse normally they only … i hope your tesco vouchers are still valid, becouse normally they only dated 3 years from the date you receive, and you have had it for 7 years.

tesco vouchers are valid for 2 years from when you receive them, once converted to deals they are valid for 6 months.

I would look at just paying for the fly drive with virgin / Tesco vouchers and then book the villa yourselves, there's plenty of choice out there.

Original Poster

my vouchers are all valid. I phone up just before they go out of date and they credit my account so they get sent out with the next batch. They take codes over the phone.

guv;4246168

If you have 12 kids, it sounds like a good deal.... but no way of knowing … If you have 12 kids, it sounds like a good deal.... but no way of knowing as you havent said how many are in your travelling party!

12 kids :w00t: I didnt realise vouchers could be saved up??

We went for 3 weeks in October last year 2 Adults 1 teen (16) and 1 child we spent 9 days in Clearwater and 12 days in Orlando, we stayed in private accomdation, approx price as follows:

Fly drives were 2400 (with Virgin)
    Beach Bungalow in Clearwater £640
    Villa In Lake Davenport £595
    in total approx 3600

5000 is expensive but that's because you are booking the whole thing with Virgin, i would go for your flights with them (been 4 times to florida, with first choice and My travel but Virgin are by far the best) and then source some private accomodation. if you are looking to stay in the same place for the entire 3 weeks many villa owners will do a discount for stays over 14 days. personally i would go for Davenport as opposed to Kissimmee, more central for the attractions.

enjoy!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …162396
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1325
      3. Limited Edition Gran Turismo Sport PlayStation 4 console revealed22
      4. Your dream gaming set up?1124

See more discussions