Groups

3 x pending transactions from Carphone Warehouse after ordering One Sim Free Phone Online

Can anyone offer me some advice. On Thursday evening I ordered a Sim Free phone from Carphone Warehouse online which was £199 and paid via debit card. I immediately got a text from Lloyds Bank asking if I had made the transaction to which I replied yes. I then checked my account and it wasn't shown on my pending transactions. I did receive a order confirmation email.

When I checked my account late on Friday night I now have 3 x pending transactions dated on Friday (05th) from Carphone warehouse each for the £199. I immediately contacted Lloyds and they said that Carphone Warehouse would have to fax them to get the pending transactions cancelled.

This morning I contacted Carphone Warehouse via telephone who said that they have definitely only taken one payment and my order has gone through to be delivered on Monday. He said that they had tried to take payment twice as it had failed and was accepted the 3rd time. (I cant believe this as I have a good credit history and have never had problems before and I was paying in full for the item)

They said if the money does come out I would have to go to a Carphone Warehouse store with a bank statement to sort it out.

Where do I stand with this and how do I get it sorted quickly, and will the 3 payments definitely come out as I cant really be without the £398 for that long?

10 Comments

I think this should be sorted once carphone warehouse takes their money. After this, other 2 transactions should disappear from ur pending list.

Pending transactions are very misleading. You need to wait until they become real transactions on your account.

All banks have direct debit Guarantee which they must honour....I suggest u go to your branch. They should refund the 2 extra payments once they see the duplicate payments. Best wishes

AbuQurra786

All banks have direct debit Guarantee which they must honour....I suggest … All banks have direct debit Guarantee which they must honour....I suggest u go to your branch. They should refund the 2 extra payments once they see the duplicate payments. Best wishes

​This is a card, not a DD payment.

it'll be fine, I have had this before myself, it is annoying but the pending transactions will clear in 7 - 10 days.

I recently bought a phone from CPW and had the same they only take one payment the others will disappear try not to fret.

Calm down dear.

Original Poster

thanks for the replys im only worried as im on holiday next week and if they take the full amount id be left short

Allow upto 14 days for the pending payments to be returned back to your account.

mrjackson90

thanks for the replys im only worried as im on holiday next week and if … thanks for the replys im only worried as im on holiday next week and if they take the full amount id be left short

if it's pending then the funds have already been ring fenced ie you can't access those funds and they won't show as an available balance. if you still have access to those funds then I really wouldn't worry.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251370
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876389

See more discussions