Groups

3 year anniversary ideas...help...

Me and my gf will have been together 3 years on the 23rd Sept. We want to do something nice for it, but both are short on cash. We have about £100-125 each to spend - including spending money (!).

Ideally we would want to go away for one night - the Sat 20th Sept - and have looked at trips to Paris/Brussels but they all seem a bit to expensive. Have also checked out 21thelakes hotel - which seemed ok - but not that brilliant....

So all you helpful buggers...any ideas?

7 Comments

Of course it depends where you live, but might i recommend the cotswolds very nice little villages with great pubs that serve fantastic beer and good food:)

try that lastminute rooms website for hotel rooms

Original Poster

We are based in Cambridge. Have done a spa treatment type day before so not to interested.

I'm OK to search for a nice hotel, it was more of a location I was after - with something interesting to visit, or a romantic restaurant/place...

titley;2879908

We are based in Cambridge. Have done a spa treatment type day before so … We are based in Cambridge. Have done a spa treatment type day before so not to interested. I'm OK to search for a nice hotel, it was more of a location I was after - with something interesting to visit, or a romantic restaurant/place...

if you can drive, i can well recommend the lakes - keswick in particular, and especially [URL="www.ferndene-keswick.co.uk"]HERE[/URL]! A lovely family run Guesthouse in Keswick..

Lots to [URL="www.keswick.org/"]see and do [/URL].

If you want this to be a suprise, you can ask the Guest Owner (Chris) leave a bottle of champers, chocolates and maybe flowers in your room for your arrival as a extra treat to ya other half. Also, i know you said you'd had "Spa days etc", but this place has a Guest Therapist once/twice a month and apparently shes quiet good. Theres a link to here website [URL="www.gentlehands.co.uk"]HERE[/URL].

You can get reasonable deals here - octopustravel.co.uk/

When I went to Nice I paid less than 1/3rd the price of booking direct with the hotel

Original Poster

Really like the idea of Paris or Brussels - and some pretty decent hotels for the single night on octupustravel - however eurostar is about £300 for us both! We need to depart on Sat 20th - so I guess thats why - cheapest way of getting to Paris/Brussels....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1825
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1011
      3. Free Sky Sports Day Pass if anyone wants it11
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?33199

See more discussions