30 Hours Funding For Chilcare

Posted 5th Mar
Hi all,

If a child is already on 15 hours funding for childcare (for 2 year olds) and after filling out the relevant form on the government website, it says the child is eligible for 30 hours at the age of 3.

It also says that the child benefit (£20.70) a week which is currently paid out, will stop immediately if I press the continue button.

Do I press the continue button if the little one is still at the age of 2?

I’m unsure what to do. All advice greatly appreciated. Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Surely you should call Hmrc
When is child 3?
I waited with mine until the day he turned 3. They are usually not eligible until the term after they turn 3 anyway which should be Easter for your child.
Nothing was stopped for us so it may have something to do with income (because you have to declare that)
nadhaw05/03/2020 17:52

I waited with mine until the day he turned 3. They are usually not …I waited with mine until the day he turned 3. They are usually not eligible until the term after they turn 3 anyway which should be Easter for your child.Nothing was stopped for us so it may have something to do with income (because you have to declare that)

Thank you x
I’ve not heard of child benefit being stopped if you use the 30 hours. You and your partner have to be at work to be eligible for those hours.
BargainLovingMum05/03/2020 21:13

I’ve not heard of child benefit being stopped if you use the 30 hours. You …I’ve not heard of child benefit being stopped if you use the 30 hours. You and your partner have to be at work to be eligible for those hours.

Yeah we both work but it’s definitely saying that £20.70 will be stopped immediately. I don’t mind if they stop it, it’s only £80 a month but couldn’t they stop it when she’s actually 3 years old rather than when I fill out the form online. She’s eligible and it’s come back saying that I should confirm and continue with the application but once I hit continue, it will go on to stop her child benefit with immediate effect.

I’ll call them tomorrow after work and see what they say.
I didn't get any messages with mine. Which site are you using?
sumoqueen05/03/2020 22:01

I didn't get any messages with mine. Which site are you using?

I’m using the official government gateway website, I’m definitely not understanding why it’s saying what it’s saying. I will definitely call them tomorrow after work. Thank you
Yes give them a call as I never got that message and haven’t heard of child benefit being withdrawn. Download the app as well as it’s much easier to use and see the messages they send you with updates
i've 30 hrs for my daughter. my child benefit didnt stop. and i dont think child benifit have anything to do this 15 or 30 hrs free childcare. only things have impect is minimum 16 hrs work for both / minimum income.
Thank you everyone for all responses. I’ve done it online whilst they were on the phone with me and talked me through it. Something about the difference between tax-free child care where any benefits stop and 30 hours for 3 & 4 year olds. They are both the same form until a certain point where you tick a certain box.

They talked me through it and all sorted now. So thank you to everyone who offered me helpful advice. Cheers.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants