Groups

£300 to spend on a laptop, could use some advise

Hey

Unfortunately my laptop packed up last week and I need to find a replacement. I am well aware that £300 isn't a great deal to spend, but with studying etc that's about all that I can stretch to at the moment.

I won't be using it for anything drastic, general browsing, streaming, YouTube, word processing and downloading the occasional film. Not interested in gaming or anything like that. It doesn't need to be super light and portable as I will mainly be using it at home.
    So, does anyone have any recommendations for a cheap budget laptop in the £300 mark?

I have seen laptops sutch as this probook 455 g3 ebuyer.com/752…HAQ

Or this Lenovo with a 128gb sdd laptopsdirect.co.uk/len…asp

I would be grateful for any advice or suggestions. Thanks.

9 Comments

hp pavillion from hp student store (verification required) - £299

black Fridays next month. Might be worth holding out til then

Original Poster

emmajade87

black Fridays next month. Might be worth holding out til then

Yeah I did think that. But it is going to be a struggle to go without one for a month with work etc. Not sure I can wait

I'd take a look at Chromebooks if I were you.

I second that. Chromebooks are amazing. For the price they're much better than Windows laptops. You can use Microsoft Office Online or Google Docs for word processing.

Whole Chromebooks are good I wouldnt get one as my sole machine. But definitely get a laptop with an SSD - for the things you'll be doing that's where your money can go.

Original Poster

LetoKynes

Whole Chromebooks are good I wouldnt get one as my sole machine. But … Whole Chromebooks are good I wouldnt get one as my sole machine. But definitely get a laptop with an SSD - for the things you'll be doing that's where your money can go.

What would you say are the negatives of a chromebook.

£300 can get you quite a lot these days if you don't need a discrete graphics card for gaming. I'd expect at least an i3 for that.

chrome book flip replaced my windows laptop. live off the cloud so easy and they work well
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Nowtv offer at Merlin Attractions23
      2. Hi Wonder if anyone can help...I urgently need to buy a laptop today , up t…59
      3. Best place to buy an iPad second hand?11
      4. Quad-core laptop under £470?21

See more discussions