Expired

£30000 to invest

Found 26th Jan 2012
Good evening all.
As i have said in a previous thread, I am being made redundant and now have £30000 to invest.
Where or what is the best place to invest it?
Dont mind a bit of risk, but obviously dont want to lose the whole lot.
Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Misc
65 Comments
Banned
Picture a Hotel.....

X)
Put it all on Red
30,000 on Black!
Well my car insurance would be close to £3,000
I believe Facebook are considering floating shares on the market.

Facebook is huge, bigger than anyone realises.
You know how America get sporting news 5 hours later then us,well get this.......
simplex

You know how America get sporting news 5 hours later then us,well get … You know how America get sporting news 5 hours later then us,well get this.......

lmao just don't go there
If your still interested in working then maybe a small business franchise.
Original Poster
Thank you all for you financial wisdom!
buy a cheap house and get a person to rent
Give it to Harry Redknapps dog to secure the money in an offshore fund.
Original Poster
celticjoe

buy a cheap house and get a person to rent

A small house here cost £120000 and im living in one.....dont think this is an option
You'd have no problem starting a business with £30,000. As someone else mentioned a small franchise would probably be a good investment, the only snag is ones like McDonald's and Subway require a lot more to be laid down in cash, and they have extensive training programs which as far as I'm aware are unpaid.

If you have any hobbies or interests why not set up a shop or something, online of course.
nlambert

A small house here cost £120000 and im living in one.....dont think this … A small house here cost £120000 and im living in one.....dont think this is an option

Come up to Bolton and buy a street.
you dont have to buy were your from
No please come and buy this street, this little road even has its own 2 cameras looking over it...
maps.google.co.uk/map…=wl
put 15 grand on red and 15 grand on black, doesn't matter which one it lands on, you win
Banned
Do something awesome with it.

Small online business £10000
AFF skydiving course £1500
very fast motorbike + learning £8500
Travel £5000
And then bank the last £5000
woddle1000

put 15 grand on red and 15 grand on black, doesn't matter which one it … put 15 grand on red and 15 grand on black, doesn't matter which one it lands on, you win

Yeah but how much would she win back? or is it totally random
Banned
dylanjb100

No please come and buy this street, this little road even has its own 2 … No please come and buy this street, this little road even has its own 2 cameras looking over it...http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

europe?
shergold

Do something awesome with it.Small online business £10000AFF skydiving … Do something awesome with it.Small online business £10000AFF skydiving course £1500very fast motorbike + learning £8500Travel £5000And then bank the last £5000

Very great idea...i am not doing the AFF course i am going to do the SL to FF course
dylanjb100

Yeah but how much would she win back? or is it totally random

really?
colinsunderland

europe?

Yes?
woddle1000

really?

Well i asked so yea? i'm don't know anything about gambling, so it would of been nice for you to reply...never mind
woddle1000

really?

If it comes up on Zero you lose half of your bet, so not a good idea for playing with Roulette!
Banned
but woddle if zero comes in you are fu....
30,000 redundancy pay thats prety good how long did you work at the place that made you redundant??
Put as much as you can into an ISA and with the rest buy premium bonds.
donaldduck2

Put as much as you can into an ISA and with the rest buy premium bonds.

make sure you check the ISA rate every year, you would be surprised.
Invest in HMV....
Banned
ahmed123

Invest in HMV....

you may as well invest in H.I.V!
I'd be dangerous with 30K... and full of silicone
Banned
gemmybobs

no no don't do it
gemmybobs

Before and after pics please.
ahmed123

Invest in HMV....

Wait a few months and you can buy HMV
donaldduck2

Before and after pics please.

well if I had the money I would give you all before and after pics lol
Gold or the Chinese yuan.. Economy is only going to get worst here
Banned
mine is £18,7k give or take a few hundred for 9 years service. I know what I'm doing with mine, just need to find premises to rent.

Edited by: "lumoruk" 26th Jan 2012
gemmybobs

Then we would have to rename you 'gemmymegaboobs' ! oO

Op if you have any debts then pay them off first. Not worth investing it safely at the moment if you have debts outstanding.
lumoruk

mine is £18,7k give or take a few hundred for 9 years service. I know … mine is £18,7k give or take a few hundred for 9 years service. I know what I'm doing with mine, just need to find premises to rent.

a brothel?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions