30th Birthday suggestions / ideas?

Found 15th Aug 2017
Hi all, its my birthday end of September. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on where to go or what to day?
Im thinking of 3/4 days away somewhere either in the UK or abroad?
Any suggestions welcome
Thanks
Rob
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
September should still be alright weather in Europe. How many would there be? Bulgaria and Croatia are on my hit list soon.

You could also just go Scotland\Ireland\Wales a day have some days exploring and camping. Really depends if you want to to be active or not.
Had my 30th last week. Chose to go to Islay & Jura in Scotland exploring and whisky tasting to celebrate. Rented a car and drove all along the A82 past Loch Lomond to get there, was a beautiful road to travel!
Original Poster
Thanks both for your suggestions. I'm thinking of it being family only, parents, brothers and sister. (All 18+).
Have a look for those adventure places - you can choose what you do - Archery, paintballing, Quad biking, clay shooting etc. Quad biking is a lot of fun, especially when you get the back end sliding
Head over to surf snowdonia north Wales, stay over in one of the pods and enjoy a good surf session thro the day
Not sure exactly what you are looking to do, but if you want a city break I would recommend Lisbon. Lots to do there and a truly lovely hotel in the centre is the Avenida Palace Hotel. If you might be interested I can recommend some really good restaurants. Right on the river, trams, elevators, hills,monastery,Belem custard tarts , shops, castle, lots of walks to go up to all the hills around the city and much more
Lisbon in September will be rammed and expensive, a work mate was looking for hotels in Sept but they are nearly all booked up unless you wanna pay €600 per night! It seems there are a few very big conferences and music festivals or something like that.
darlodge2 h, 8 m ago

Lisbon in September will be rammed and expensive, a work mate was looking …Lisbon in September will be rammed and expensive, a work mate was looking for hotels in Sept but they are nearly all booked up unless you wanna pay €600 per night! It seems there are a few very big conferences and music festivals or something like that.

Just looked at a 3 day break at the start of September on last minute.com, 217 rooms at different hotels etc available in Lisbon starting from £52 per room for two people for two nights. Not sure when your friend was looking to go, but plenty of cheap breaks. To be fair the hotel I mentioned is 5star and does book up early so you would need to phone them for availability next month as online bookings won't work, also being 5star it is at the pricier end of the market.
tinkerbellian5 m ago

Just looked at a 3 day break at the start of September on last …Just looked at a 3 day break at the start of September on last minute.com, 217 rooms at different hotels etc available in Lisbon starting from £52 per room for two people for two nights. Not sure when your friend was looking to go, but plenty of cheap breaks. To be fair the hotel I mentioned is 5star and does book up early so you would need to phone them for availability next month as online bookings won't work, also being 5star it is at the pricier end of the market.

Weird, even our internal travel teams couldn't find hotels under €600 unless he stayed on the other side. I think he was looking from the 9th but not certain. £52 is a bargin!
Edited by: "darlodge" 15th Aug 2017
darlodge5 m ago

Weird, even our internal travel teams couldn't find hotels under €600 u …Weird, even our internal travel teams couldn't find hotels under €600 unless he stayed on the other side. I think he was looking from the 9th but not certain. £52 is a bargin!

Might be that your company is tied to certain hotel chains, but that does sound a little over the top. Wouldn't necessarily want to stay at the £52 one mind you, still 2 starbut not quite what you would want for a special break .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions