Expired

32 inch LCD television, around £350 - £400. Any suggestions?

Found 12th Sep 2008
Please can you help me, I am looking to get a 32 inch LCD freeview inbuilt HD ready television to replace an old CRT (made before the days of scart, lol) for my parents.

As it is an area of poor reception (both analogue and digital) so I need a simple button to switch between digital and analogue - I know Sony have this, anyone else? As BBC 1 and 2 ok on digital but ITV and channel 4 only work on analogue.

The picture does not have to be the best ever, but good.
It has to be simple to use.
It has to be a good brand.
HD ready
Freeview inbuilt.
Decent receiver to improve rubbish reception.

Budget of around £350 to £400.

So far my best find is the Sony KDL-32U3000 at £359 plus £13 delivery from pixmania using a £10 off voucher.

Any help or reccommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you.

14 Comments

most are dead easy to switch to analogue/digital

I think the sony you mentioned is out of stock

samsung is worth a look, good panel:
pixmania.co.uk/uk/…tml

Original Poster

Thank you for your response, You're right about being out of stock - I completely missed that!
The samsung looks really good. I have also been looking at the panasonic TX-32LXD8 for £399.
But I have to say the samsung does look great. and a great price too - quidco have 4% and a £10 off voucher too.
You wouldn't happen to know if this samsung has the solid type lcd screen. I seem to remember some samsungs having lcd screens that are harder if you touch them than other ones like sony, this would be a good thing but just curious.

hdixon85;2950698

You wouldn't happen to know if this samsung has the solid type lcd … You wouldn't happen to know if this samsung has the solid type lcd screen. I seem to remember some samsungs having lcd screens that are harder if you touch them than other ones like sony, this would be a good thing but just curious.

not certain about that, maybe someone on this forum would know who has one?

Original Poster

It won't really make a difference, I just thought it would make it a bit sturdier against little children falling into it by mistake type thing.
I am on dialup so this is taking forever - how I take broadband for granted at home!
Thank you for your help, rep will be on its way but it may take 5 minutes at this rate. Your samsung is now top of the list.

Amazon are showing 1 Sony left via Pixmania ]here

DO NOT TOUCH PIXMANIA WITH A BARGEPOLE!!!!!
All products are French which in itself isn't a problem as you can download the English manuals but you have no warranty or statuary rights if anything goes wrong.

Banned

Nooooooo, dont use pixmania, you will regret it for the rest of your life

Original Poster

I got the samsung from pixmania last night - it said it has a two year warranty and came in at £361 delivered.
Bit worried about people saying no to pixmania...why are you warning me about them? They said it would be delivered by currys home delivery, I thought maybe they are selling currys things.

Original Poster

graham29a;2950906

Have you tried Richer Sounds? Cracking customer service, no hard sell, … Have you tried Richer Sounds? Cracking customer service, no hard sell, best value extended warranty by a mile a decent cheap prices! Try to find a store near you but call ahead for specific stock! These look close to your requirementshttp://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=SONY-KDL32L4000http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=SAMS-LE32A457http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=PANA-TX32LMD70

Wish I had gone for that sony or the samsung from there now. No shops near me though and you can't order them online. Such a shame! Thank you for looking.

I suggest the 32LG3000, stunning picture and has everything you require. Stylish set as well. A new model for 2008 in your price range and you wont be dissapointed i assure you.

I have the 32LG5010 and wouldn't swap it for any other 32inch on the market at the moment. The link for the 32" LG 3000 is below.

dixons.co.uk/mar…ies

Hope this helps.

Slightly off topic, but I bought a Washing Machine from Pixmania last week. It came with 2 years UK manufacturers warranty and was co-incidentally delivered by Currys Delvery Network !!

John Lewis offer a free 5 year warranty and also have a price match policy, so if you find the one you want and it's also sold by John Lewis, worth seeing if they will match it.

Original Poster

stevey_p7;2955412

I suggest the 32LG3000, stunning picture and has everything you require. … I suggest the 32LG3000, stunning picture and has everything you require. Stylish set as well. A new model for 2008 in your price range and you wont be dissapointed i assure you.I have the 32LG5010 and wouldn't swap it for any other 32inch on the market at the moment. The link for the 32" LG 3000 is below.http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/product/LG3000+series/986557?int=LG3000-seriesHope this helps.

That looks really good, if I hadn't just got the samsung I would have probably gone for that, super price too and fab spec and from Dixons. Thank you for helping.

feed_me_chocs;2955905

Slightly off topic, but I bought a Washing Machine from Pixmania last … Slightly off topic, but I bought a Washing Machine from Pixmania last week. It came with 2 years UK manufacturers warranty and was co-incidentally delivered by Currys Delvery Network !!

Mine says it will be delivered by currys home delivery 'a partner company to pixmania' as they say in the email. I got a bit worried after people saying don't go with pixmania after I ordered but if yours was currys like mine says it will be that sounds great as currys are pretty good. I looked and it has been dispatched already by parcelforce 24hour delivery already so I should have it by Monday.

sickly sweet;2958659

John Lewis offer a free 5 year warranty and also have a price match … John Lewis offer a free 5 year warranty and also have a price match policy, so if you find the one you want and it's also sold by John Lewis, worth seeing if they will match it.

Too late, but will bear in mind for the next time I need one, thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text