Groups
    EXPIRED

32" Lcd Tv

Looking for a decent 32" tv for my parents. It needs to have freeview built in and have good picture for SD. They want to pay upto £400, would like to buy instore but would use web if that is where the best deal is. I have looked at digitaldirect.co.uk/pro…448 LG 32LC56 but not sure how good it is. Also they want a stand for it and this must be cheap but good quality.

10 Comments

the LG 32LC56 looks nice, very similar to another make of tv in appearance hmmm..... :whistling:

good price for a 1080p resolution TV...

as for tv stands i purchased this one in the past from saverstore

saverstore.com/pro…695

dont forget to go thru quidco for 3.5% off

These two specs listed in the LG do not match up.

-1366x768 pixels (surely this means 720p?)

-1080i resolution ( But it says 1080i)

So is it 720p or 1080i? :?
    It would be a good price for 1080i but for 720p, some may say its a bit pricey.

hmm strange according to lg , its got 1080p outputv:thinking:

uk.lge.com/pro…tml

ukthugz

hmm strange according to lg , its got 1080p outputv:thinking: … hmm strange according to lg , its got 1080p outputv:thinking: http://uk.lge.com/products/model/detail/lcdtv_32lb75.jhtml#

The lg will take a 1080p INPUT (from BluRay or HD DVD) and essentially downscale it to fit the screen. You are unlikely to get a 1080p screen in less than 37" as the potential increase in image quality is going to be all but unnoticeable in these smaller sizes.

LG is cheap & Ok for SD viewing, but you may have to consider who gives 3 to 5 year warranty for better price.

Panasonic 5 year free warranty runs out this month end :).

I am a fan of the LG lcd, have a nice 32" in the bedroom, very sleek. If you want an alternative what about ]this

Go through google checkout to get an extra £10 off. They also do bundle deals with a stand for £410, dont forget, free delivery as well :thumbsup:

Bearing in mind i am a chick and only know the basics when it comes to televisions :oops:

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

@Aimee1985

I will take a look at the link you posted thanks.

Is the LG the best option or are there others out there?

@suniil

You mention Panasonic, do you have any links or model numbers?

LG is definitely not the best option, when comparing to samsung, sony or panasonic.

Panasonic 32LMD70 is £499 in Richer sound [5 year free warranty], also please check deals section of this forum for a sony 32 inch for £500ish from amazon with 3 year manufacturer warranty.

Otherwise find a TV in johnlewis that suits you and find the cheapest retailer [not web companies] and get is pricematched!

experiencewhatothersjustsee.com/ - panasonic warranty details with partner stores

ajm007

Thanks for the [email protected] mention Panasonic, do you have any … Thanks for the [email protected] mention Panasonic, do you have any links or model numbers?

Suniil, think that panny is £549.99 with the 5 year warrenty?

Original Poster

Need a price closer to £400. The panny is too dear.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 391515
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card22
      3. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION11
      4. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only33

See more discussions