3/4 size classical guitar

6 replies
Found 8th Dec 2016
My lad's 10 and has just started learning to play guitar at school. He's learning on a 3/4 size classical that the school has borrowed him. I'm looking to buy him his own. Just wondering what's the best one available for around the £100 mark.
Cheers

1. Ask
  2. Guitar
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Guitar
6 Comments

for a child around 11 it is recommended that a full size guitar is used. this doesn't mean he cannot use a 3/4 guitar but it may just last a little longer. I would also recommend you look into Stretton payne guitars as they are cheap and fair quality and often come with extras such as free lessons and bags. I hope this helps

Not sure if Costco still have their Yamaha deal on. My parents bought my son the set, he was 11. It was a brilliant deal.
Full size guitar, back pack case, strap, strings, cd, plectrums and stand. £100. His teacher was so impressed he went and bought one too.

My son is also learning, he's 12, his guitar teacher recommended a Yamaha F310 Acoustic Guitar (steel strings). I bought this one as it seems to have everything he needs and we're happy with it.

gear4music.com/Gui…ive!&merchant_id=1279443&product_id=27388d1&product_country=GB&product_partition_id=81655141639&gclid=CLPBya2V5dACFWux7Qod8bYIVw

Have a look at the Aria 3/4 Acoustic. Have one myself as I have small hands. Been playing over 20 years. Top instrument

reidys.com/pr/…98/

Original Poster

Cheers guys for the recommendations. will have a look at them all and make a decision.

Normans musical is our local and provide excellent service normans.co.uk/cat…asc
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21118
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428214656
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming2744
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769540

See more discussions