£35 Google Play credit all expiring on 31 December 2017, why? And what should I buy

Found 24th Dec 2017
I have built up over £35 of google play credit mainly from voucher codes and some survey rewards.

Firstly why is it all expiring on 31 December 2017 when I have earned around £8 on the reward app since Jan 2017?

Secondly if thats correct, any tips on what to purchase?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Where did you read that it expires?
If you checked it on the app I don't think it's all expiring just the most recent one. I know you can get more details of when each credit expires but cannot remember where, I would have a look on the computer for more details. I would purchase movies to rent or buy you have 30 days to watch a rental so can stack up lol I don't listen to music or buy apps which you could also use the credit on.

Edit: I think it use to show expiry for each credits on the app which it doesn't anymore, they've changed it, only way now is to contact them.
Edited by: "MR1123" 24th Dec 2017
I know Google rewards credit expires.. Maybe all credit expires.
Original Poster
SUMMONER2 h, 5 m ago

Where did you read that it expires?

Its in the google play store under Account and payment methods
If you want to splurge it on a politically incorrect darkly funny TV series, see if Rescue Me is available. Denis Leary at his best.
I've lost me credit and never knew it expires... It was never mentioned or told.

The app doesn't show you expiry dates.

Just lost £58 that's including a voucher I redeemed when buying a chromecast device.

Original Poster
killabyte3 h, 20 m ago

I've lost me credit and never knew it expires... It was never mentioned or …I've lost me credit and never knew it expires... It was never mentioned or told.The app doesn't show you expiry dates. Just lost £58 that's including a voucher I redeemed when buying a chromecast device.

I did contact Google Support after losing mine and after 4 attempts speaking to different people, I eventually got my credit back due to their lack of communication of how much credit expires and when.

If I was you I would do the same, don't give up!
Fury3 h, 49 m ago

I did contact Google Support after losing mine and after 4 attempts …I did contact Google Support after losing mine and after 4 attempts speaking to different people, I eventually got my credit back due to their lack of communication of how much credit expires and when.If I was you I would do the same, don't give up!

do you remeber how you contacted them? i've posted in the help forum and someone just mentioned credit expires so its my loss. but i had no idea
Original Poster
killabyte5th Jan

do you remeber how you contacted them? i've posted in the help forum and …do you remeber how you contacted them? i've posted in the help forum and someone just mentioned credit expires so its my loss. but i had no idea

By telephone, i requested a call back via Google Wallet. Will try to find a link
Fury8th Jan

By telephone, i requested a call back via Google Wallet. Will try to find …By telephone, i requested a call back via Google Wallet. Will try to find a link

Thanks.
I've spoke to 4 different people and they have all said no, can't get my money back. They don't provide any support for Google Opinion Rewards... They just point me towards the Google Support Forums and tell me to get my help from there. Forums tell me to call Google and I'm stuck in a never ending loop
so, what have you bought
Original Poster
killabyte13 h, 23 m ago

Thanks. I've spoke to 4 different people and they have all said no, can't …Thanks. I've spoke to 4 different people and they have all said no, can't get my money back. They don't provide any support for Google Opinion Rewards... They just point me towards the Google Support Forums and tell me to get my help from there. Forums tell me to call Google and I'm stuck in a never ending loop

I recommend that you contact the Google Wallet team for assistance. You can reach by filling the contact form. You can also contact support online here, under Contact Us.

Don't tell them it was from the Rewards Survey as they don't have a dedicated team to deal with it.
Original Poster
benjammin31613 h, 15 m ago

so, what have you bought

Movies, apps etc. Still got £26+ to spend until Jan 2019
Fury8 h, 5 m ago

I recommend that you contact the Google Wallet team for assistance. You …I recommend that you contact the Google Wallet team for assistance. You can reach by filling the contact form. You can also contact support online here, under Contact Us.Don't tell them it was from the Rewards Survey as they don't have a dedicated team to deal with it.

THANK YOU!!!

after chatting to around 8 different people through Google Play Store Support team and all saying they cant do anything, I went through the link you provided and got my credit reinstated first time!! Thank you! got me back £48.49 of credit! now time to spend it... really appreciate it mate!

What did you purchase btw?
Original Poster
killabyte2 h, 20 m ago

THANK YOU!!!after chatting to around 8 different people through Google …THANK YOU!!!after chatting to around 8 different people through Google Play Store Support team and all saying they cant do anything, I went through the link you provided and got my credit reinstated first time!! Thank you! got me back £48.49 of credit! now time to spend it... really appreciate it mate!What did you purchase btw?

Glad it helped, im sure many people had credit expire like us. Could start another thread perhaps...

Bought some pro apps eg tasker, moon reader pro plus others and some movies..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions