£350 PC & Monitor

Posted 30th Dec 2019
looking for a friend he wants a PC and Monitor for his kids to do basic stuff for school and work related things

told him his budgets is abit tight because he wants brand new

24'' monitor 1080p minium and decent spec PC, I say alteast one that will last awhile? 8gb minium should be good also OS preinstalled

any suggestions which websites I should look at

I found plently decent used / refurbed, but they are after new

350 all in
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
PcPartPicker is a great website to start finding components for building pc. pcpartpicker.com/
I'll try and build one with a monitor on the site and post it on here a bit later.

Do they have a mice and keyboard? if not, they'll need factor that into £350.
Do they want to build a pc or a prebuilt pc?
Windows 10 can be installed and used on a pc without activation. Activating a licence is an extra cost (£10 or maybe less).
uk.pcpartpicker.com/lis…Np8

-CPU-AMD ryzen 3 3200g with wraith stealth cooler £79.99 Amazon
-Motherboard-ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 microATX £58.96 Scan 138.95
or £58.99 Amazon amazon.co.uk/ASR…R9/
-Memory-Corsair CMK8GX4M2C3000C16 Vengeance 2x4GB 3000MHz £38.99 Amazon 177.94
-Storage-Crucial BX500 CT240BX500SSD1(Z) 240GB SSD £26.97 Amazon 204.91
-Case-DeepCool Matrexx 30 Case Micro ATX £21.60 Amazon 226.51
-Power supply unit-Corsair VS450 450 W Active PFC 80 PLUS £34.98 Amazon 261.49 amazon.co.uk/Cor…73/
-Monitor-AOC e2470Swh 23.6" TN FHD £84.98 Amazon

Total amount £346.47 just needs to be built.
Edited by: "CHUNGHO1" 30th Dec 2019
CHUNGHO130/12/2019 17:59

Windows 10 can be installed and used on a pc without activation. …Windows 10 can be installed and used on a pc without activation. Activating a licence is an extra cost (£10 or maybe less).

It's a PC for use by children, saying it's OK to not pay for something when asked is not a good message.

Budget PCs mostly sell without screens and a monitor runs to £75-80 so we're looking at around £270. As you say that's tight and it's not the best time of year to be buying either. You're probably best off haunting clearance sections like Argos' ebay shop waiting for something to come up.
EndlessWaves30/12/2019 19:21

It's a PC for use by children, saying it's OK to not pay for something …It's a PC for use by children, saying it's OK to not pay for something when asked is not a good message.Budget PCs mostly sell without screens and a monitor runs to £75-80 so we're looking at around £270. As you say that's tight and it's not the best time of year to be buying either. You're probably best off haunting clearance sections like Argos' ebay shop waiting for something to come up.

I just said that you can use Windows 10 without activating. I'm doing this at the moment, I've got a water mark "Activate Windows. Go to Settings to activate Windows." on the Desktop, can't change personalisations and Windows send out notifications. Windows 10 is still the same from what i've experienced.

I'm trying to save them up to £89 for Windows 10 Home. That's 25% of the budget, where i would spend it on a monitor instead --> amazon.co.uk/Win…8-3

If you can wait to build a pc, then great, there will be deals coming.
But if you need it now, this is what i recommend.
.Ryzen 3 3200g pc from cclonline, get Windows key from eBay.

Or this. It is lower spec, all you need would be monitor, or probably external HDD for storage.

ebuyer.com/910…abu
CHUNGHO130/12/2019 17:59

PcPartPicker is a great website to start finding components for building …PcPartPicker is a great website to start finding components for building pc. https://pcpartpicker.com/I'll try and build one with a monitor on the site and post it on here a bit later.Do they have a mice and keyboard? if not, they'll need factor that into £350.Do they want to build a pc or a prebuilt pc?Windows 10 can be installed and used on a pc without activation. Activating a licence is an extra cost (£10 or maybe less).

sorry for the late reply

I didnt get any notifications from HUKD

the PC has to be all build ready to go with windows on it ready to go

I can build PCs etc but this is for a friends family member they want a PC with monitor

I wouldnt mind at all building the PC installing windows but if anything goes wrong down the line i'll most likely be asked to sort it out being I put it together if you know what I mean

they just want a recommendation off me and they will buy it, im struggling to find a decent PC that isnt junk to begin with and will last and be worth its money but its tough with only 350 in all
yoyo5931/12/2019 11:00

sorry for the late replyI didnt get any notifications from HUKDthe PC has …sorry for the late replyI didnt get any notifications from HUKDthe PC has to be all build ready to go with windows on it ready to goI can build PCs etc but this is for a friends family member they want a PC with monitorI wouldnt mind at all building the PC installing windows but if anything goes wrong down the line i'll most likely be asked to sort it out being I put it together if you know what I meanthey just want a recommendation off me and they will buy it, im struggling to find a decent PC that isnt junk to begin with and will last and be worth its money but its tough with only 350 in all

Just say you can't get it for what they want to pay. You can't work miracles.
yoyo5931/12/2019 11:00

sorry for the late replyI didnt get any notifications from HUKDthe PC has …sorry for the late replyI didnt get any notifications from HUKDthe PC has to be all build ready to go with windows on it ready to goI can build PCs etc but this is for a friends family member they want a PC with monitorI wouldnt mind at all building the PC installing windows but if anything goes wrong down the line i'll most likely be asked to sort it out being I put it together if you know what I meanthey just want a recommendation off me and they will buy it, im struggling to find a decent PC that isnt junk to begin with and will last and be worth its money but its tough with only 350 in all

Best value is definitely in building used parts. Certainly a challenge finding a worthy pre built.
deeky31/12/2019 11:15

Just say you can't get it for what they want to pay. You can't work …Just say you can't get it for what they want to pay. You can't work miracles.

What they said above^^^
If they chip in an extra £20 --->hotukdeals.com/dea…356
Getting a laptop sounds feasible compared to a Desktop.
Lots of storage, works out of the box with Windows 10, but no 24 inch screen monitor.
CHUNGHO131/12/2019 14:18

If they chip in an extra £20 …If they chip in an extra £20 --->https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hp-14-laptop-ryzen-5-8gb-ram-512gb-ssd-full-hd-office-365-personal-1-year-subscription-1tb-cloud-storage-369-using-code-at-ao-3378356Getting a laptop sounds feasible compared to a Desktop.Lots of storage, works out of the box with Windows 10, but no 24 inch screen monitor.

sadly needs to be desktop
think ill have to get him to get refurb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants