4 replies
Found 4th Mar 2008
Hi,

Any suggestions on where I can pick a decent one up cheap which features:
USB
SATA
Power Supply
& some form of cooling?

I'm planning taking out my hard disk from my pc and using this as an external network drive and connecting this via usb to my mac mini and accessing files on this from my windows laptop etc.

Cheers

4 Comments

if i may recommend, instead of getting an external hd enclosure and link to the minimac, why not either
1. invest in a nslu2 and link the hdd to that...

or better,
get a NAS enclosure (with usb too), such as those found here:
*********.co.uk/Ext…tem

this way you can connect them directly to your router and no need to have the minimac on to access the files
edit : the ******** in the url is cgi dot ebay dot co dot uk (it doesn't seem to allow me to enter it)

Original Poster

I think I'm thinking more of a nas drive now, seen one on eBay which is really cheap however the seller has had quite a bit of negative over the last month...what do you think:

item: 310028728010 ?

Cheers

I would go for deal extreme..

HDUKNeedNewMods;1667799

I think I'm thinking more of a nas drive now, seen one on eBay which is … I think I'm thinking more of a nas drive now, seen one on eBay which is really cheap however the seller has had quite a bit of negative over the last month...what do you think:item: 310028728010 ?Cheers

thats not an nas box just usb
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4074
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions