36 Burger King Franchisees go into Adminstration - 1000 jobs at risk

Editor 167
Found 21st Apr 2017
Worrying news for some Burger King staff today. 1000 jobs are at risk and 36 Burger King outlets are under threat of closure after two firms which run them entered administration.

Below is a list of the branches that have went into administration.

http://i.imgur.com/kUgaCj3.png

Branches will remain open and trading while administrators examine “all possible options for a sale of all or parts of the business”.

Right now, they are hoping for potential buyers, so let's hope job losses will be limited.

News Source Rugby Advertiser

Community Updates
Top comments
We stopped eating in any of the Fast Food Chains years ago - if we're out and about, we eat in local cafes and small Restaurants or Chippies!
Rebel_1980

We stopped eating in any of the Fast Food Chains years ago - if we're out … We stopped eating in any of the Fast Food Chains years ago - if we're out and about, we eat in local cafes and small Restaurants or Chippies!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/conup.gif
83 posts and most of them about lack of ketchup at BK. X)
deleted265520
I don't know what's more sad - J4GG4 refusing to accept or understand that he purchased chips not chips and ketchup or the fact that I just read all the comments ITT X)
165 Comments
Hopefully Burger King will step in and save the most profitable branches at least
dudea729

Hopefully Burger King will step in and save the most profitable branches … Hopefully Burger King will step in and save the most profitable branches at least

Caspain own Burger King. The company was sold around 5 years ago.
Don't tell Chanchi about this as he loves Tuesdays KFC
Kimp87

Caspain own Burger King. The company was sold around 5 years ago.

Millcliffe Ltd and CPL Foods Ltd own these stores
Not surprised, I love BK burgers but the customer service is always terrible, never enough staff serving. Would prefer BK over MD's any day but tend to go to MD's more as much better service.
Edited by: "barriey" 21st Apr 2017
We stopped eating in any of the Fast Food Chains years ago - if we're out and about, we eat in local cafes and small Restaurants or Chippies!
I worked at burger king and twice the franchises went into administration, the "company" do nothing for the staff only tell other franchises theres some spare sites they could get for a bargain
Not set foot in one since the ex got food poisoning from a burger
jax619

27 staff per shop and i I have to wait 3 days for a burger.

Probably working a minimum of 4 hours a week each but must be available 24\7
One in Leicester should have been shut years ago.
I'm sure they honour of their way to employ the rudest staff or it's the managers instructing them to scam customers.
Last burger I had there had one burger in instead of the correct 2, I expect they thought I would be well away before realising.
thedvdmonster

One in Leicester should have been shut years ago. I'm sure they honour of … One in Leicester should have been shut years ago. I'm sure they honour of their way to employ the rudest staff or it's the managers instructing them to scam customers. Last burger I had there had one burger in instead of the correct 2, I expect they thought I would be well away before realising.

Alternatively, it was a genuine mistake, & if you have only ever experienced this once, & never returned, you do not know whether this was an isolated incident, or not.
jax619

27 staff per shop and i I have to wait 3 days for a burger.

Error440

Probably working a minimum of 4 hours a week each but must be available … Probably working a minimum of 4 hours a week each but must be available 24\7

jax619

Still 3 hours for a burger

That's an improvement on the 3 days you originally quoted.
In another twenty minutes will it take 180 seconds?
I remember a few years ago when i just couldn't eat chips without ketchup, i went to BK and ordered 2 meals, once paid and the food handed over they said they have no sauce in stock. I asked for a refund and they refused and told me to go buy the sauce from Asda.

So i agree what others have said, The worst customer service ever.

But its still far FAR better than trashDonalds.
barriey

Not surprised, I love BK burgers but the customer service is always … Not surprised, I love BK burgers but the customer service is always terrible, never enough staff serving. Would prefer BK over MD's any day but tend to go to MD's more as much better service.

Did you ring ahead & let them know you were turning up, or did you just arrive unannounced & expect them to magically know how many staff would be required at that very moment?

J4GG4

I remember a few years ago when i just couldn't eat chips without … I remember a few years ago when i just couldn't eat chips without ketchup, i went to BK and ordered 2 meals, once paid and the food handed over they said they have no sauce in stock. I asked for a refund and they refused and told me to go buy the sauce from Asda.So i agree what others have said, The worst customer service ever.But its still far FAR better than trashDonalds.

Unless you asked if ketchup was available, & made that a condition of the sale, then they sold you chips, not chips & ketchup.

The outcome was nothing to do with customer service; it was your fault for not asking for your exact requirements in advance.
J4GG4

I remember a few years ago when i just couldn't eat chips without … I remember a few years ago when i just couldn't eat chips without ketchup, i went to BK and ordered 2 meals, once paid and the food handed over they said they have no sauce in stock. I asked for a refund and they refused and told me to go buy the sauce from Asda.So i agree what others have said, The worst customer service ever.But its still far FAR better than trashDonalds.

Boo hoo
fanpages

Unless you asked if ketchup was available, & made that a condition of the … Unless you asked if ketchup was available, & made that a condition of the sale, then they sold you chips, not chips & ketchup.The outcome was nothing to do with customer service; it was your fault for not asking for your exact requirements in advance.

Nobody asks for sauce upfront. You expect a fast food burger chain to have stock of sauce, just like trashdonalds does without fail.

And for a huge burger chain to not have sauce in stock is awful and one of the reasons nobody goes there.

TrashDonalds is more efficient and customer orientated than BK.

Any mention of them telling me to leave the store to go and buy sauce from asda?.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 21st Apr 2017
Rebel_1980

We stopped eating in any of the Fast Food Chains years ago - if we're out … We stopped eating in any of the Fast Food Chains years ago - if we're out and about, we eat in local cafes and small Restaurants or Chippies!

J4GG4

Nobody asks for sauce upfront. You expect a fast food burger chain to … Nobody asks for sauce upfront. You expect a fast food burger chain to have stock of sauce, just like trashdonalds does without fail.And for a huge burger chain to not have sauce in stock is awful and one of the reasons nobody goes there.TrashDonalds is more efficient and customer orientated than BK.Any mention of them telling me to leave the store to go and buy sauce from asda?.

I don't eat the nasty things and judging by all the packs i see on the ground a lot of other people​ don't either so it could be argued that you should pay for that muck to soil your chips with and let the rest of us have a few pennies off, the same applies to all those vinegar filled dollops of muck they shove in burgers and wraps without asking
thedvdmonster

One in Leicester should have been shut years ago. I'm sure they honour of … One in Leicester should have been shut years ago. I'm sure they honour of their way to employ the rudest staff or it's the managers instructing them to scam customers. Last burger I had there had one burger in instead of the correct 2, I expect they thought I would be well away before realising.

Highcross one? Never had this problem at all and I've been there a fair bit. Staff have been fine
My local only had 1 beef patty left the other week, was no good when I asked for a double rodeo burger lol
Nicer burgers than McDonalds but then you pay more for it, our local isn't too bad for speed (Basildon)
J4GG4

fanpages

Unless you asked if ketchup was available, & made that a condition of the … Unless you asked if ketchup was available, & made that a condition of the sale, then they sold you chips, not chips & ketchup.The outcome was nothing to do with customer service; it was your fault for not asking for your exact requirements in advance.

J4GG4

Nobody asks for sauce upfront. You expect a fast food burger chain to … Nobody asks for sauce upfront. You expect a fast food burger chain to have stock of sauce, just like trashdonalds does without fail.And for a huge burger chain to not have sauce in stock is awful and one of the reasons nobody goes there.TrashDonalds is more efficient and customer orientated than BK.Any mention of them telling me to leave the store to go and buy sauce from asda?.

All restaurants, or fast food outlets, run out of stock from time-to-time. It may mean a few customers are disgruntled, or inconvenienced &, yes, they may not return, but the lack of ketchup on one day for one customer is not why "nobody goes there" now.

Anybody with exact dietary requirements, where a particular condiment is necessary, would either ask in advance or take it with them.

What did you do? Ask if anybody else eating there had a spare sachet, or perhaps pop in a local supermarket, or a chip shop, or alternate vendor, & buy what you needed?

You could have even gone into a local McDonald's restaurant & bought sauce for your chips.

It certainly puts the potential loss of 1,000 jobs into perspective.
J4GG4

fanpages

Unless you asked if ketchup was available, & made that a condition of … Unless you asked if ketchup was available, & made that a condition of the sale, then they sold you chips, not chips & ketchup.The outcome was nothing to do with customer service; it was your fault for not asking for your exact requirements in advance.

J4GG4

Exact dietary requirement LOL X)

He'd choke without his precious ketchup, this is a serious issue as serious as gluten, milk intolerance!
J4GG4

fanpages

Unless you asked if ketchup was available, & made that a condition of … Unless you asked if ketchup was available, & made that a condition of the sale, then they sold you chips, not chips & ketchup.The outcome was nothing to do with customer service; it was your fault for not asking for your exact requirements in advance.

J4GG4

Lol, All your examples don't apply in this case as the BK was nowhere near a chip chop, supermarket, mcdonalds. I was eating a quick lunch when in a random town while working. So knowing where anything else was in the town would be impossible. PLus driving around looking for a place to buy sauce (which i would happily do) would end up having cold food and my lunch break disappear.

You do not carry sauce in a van with you while working, sauce needs to be refrigerated. And NOBODY thinks to buy sauce and save it in their van just in case a BK or a MCD didn't have any.

Oh and nobody was sitting in the restaurant when i ordered that day. It was completely and utterly empty. I wonder why. 99.9% of people would not return to a restaurant for these little reasons. But theres plenty of people on the internet that want to argue over reasons like this when they have nothing else to do.

Customer is ALWAYS right. Therefore i am right in not returning to BK after this episode and i was right to ask for a refund before i even touched the food. MCD give you a refund or replacement instantly if something is wrong.

Like i say, its one of the reasons nobody goes to BK.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 21st Apr 2017
Dunstable's was gutted and re-fitted 4 months ago. Strange decision if there was risk of administration.
J4GG4

fanpages

J4GG4

fanpages

All restaurants, or fast food outlets, run out of stock from … All restaurants, or fast food outlets, run out of stock from time-to-time. It may mean a few customers are disgruntled, or inconvenienced &, yes, they may not return, but the lack of ketchup on one day for one customer is not why "nobody goes there" now.Anybody with exact dietary requirements, where a particular condiment is necessary, would either ask in advance or take it with them.What did you do? Ask if anybody else eating there had a spare sachet, or perhaps pop in a local supermarket, or a chip shop, or alternate vendor, & buy what you needed?You could have even gone into a local McDonald's restaurant & bought sauce for your chips.It certainly puts the potential loss of 1,000 jobs into perspective.

Error440

Exact dietary requirement LOL X)He'd choke without his precious ketchup, … Exact dietary requirement LOL X)He'd choke without his precious ketchup, this is a serious issue as serious as gluten, milk intolerance!

You may mock, but for a number of years one of my kids had an allergic reaction to the ketchup in Burger King, & we always took a bottle of tomato sauce with us.

It meant a worry-free meal, & no discomfort later. It doesn't need to be an issue once you are able to work around it, & it certainly wasn't the fault of those working at the counter if we forgot to take the bottle on any particular occasion.
J4GG4

fanpages

J4GG4

Actually eating fast food chips without any sauce used to make me gag due to the oils i think. I literally coughed up phlegm after every meal and more so when i ate the chips without any sauce.

The restaurant failed, Been to MCD 1000s of times and this had never ever happened. Been to BK 5 or 6 times in my life and this happened. BK is a failure, sorry if you have shares in them or something.
J4GG4

fanpages

J4GG4

You wasn't right when you didnt ask first before spitting your dummy out and as far as i am aware most say refrigerate after opening so knowing that you have this exact dietary requirement why dont you save the unused packets from previous trips out.

I keep the napkins from Macdonald's and the straws and lemon wipes from KFC especially the lemon wipes.
J4GG4

...You do not carry sauce in a van with you while working, sauce needs to … ...You do not carry sauce in a van with you while working, sauce needs to be refrigerated.

No it doesn't.

J4GG4

And NOBODY thinks to buy sauce and save it in their van just in case a BK … And NOBODY thinks to buy sauce and save it in their van just in case a BK or a MCD didn't have any.

Translation: You didn't think to buy sauce.

J4GG4

Oh and nobody was sitting in the restaurant when i ordered that day. It … Oh and nobody was sitting in the restaurant when i ordered that day. It was completely and utterly empty. I wonder why. 99.9% of people would not return to a restaurant for these little reasons. But theres plenty of people on the internet that want to argue over reasons like this when they have nothing else to do.

You appear to be one of them.

J4GG4

Customer is ALWAYS right. Therefore i am right in not returning to BK … Customer is ALWAYS right. Therefore i am right in not returning to BK after this episode and i was right to ask for a refund before i even touched the food. MCD give you a refund or replacement instantly if something is wrong.

Good for them. Perhaps they just wanted to get rid of you.

J4GG4

Like I said; you're wrong.
J4GG4

fanpages

J4GG4

Apparently other customers had some. All i had to do was ask them.

oO
J4GG4

fanpages

J4GG4

fanpages

All restaurants, or fast food outlets, run out of stock from … All restaurants, or fast food outlets, run out of stock from time-to-time. It may mean a few customers are disgruntled, or inconvenienced &, yes, they may not return, but the lack of ketchup on one day for one customer is not why "nobody goes there" now.Anybody with exact dietary requirements, where a particular condiment is necessary, would either ask in advance or take it with them.What did you do? Ask if anybody else eating there had a spare sachet, or perhaps pop in a local supermarket, or a chip shop, or alternate vendor, & buy what you needed?You could have even gone into a local McDonald's restaurant & bought sauce for your chips.It certainly puts the potential loss of 1,000 jobs into perspective.

Error440

Exact dietary requirement LOL X)He'd choke without his precious ketchup, … Exact dietary requirement LOL X)He'd choke without his precious ketchup, this is a serious issue as serious as gluten, milk intolerance!

I point you towards my earlier comment, make customers pay for em, take a few pennies off the chips for everyone else, i see so many of those things on the ground anyway
J4GG4

Actually eating fast food chips without any sauce used to make me gag due … Actually eating fast food chips without any sauce used to make me gag due to the oils i think. I literally coughed up phlegm after every meal and more so when i ate the chips without any sauce.The restaurant failed, Been to MCD 1000s of times and this had never ever happened. Been to BK 5 or 6 times in my life and this happened. BK is a failure, sorry if you have shares in them or something.

Maybe you should have taken it as a sign your body wants you to have a sandwich
Error440

...I keep the napkins from Macdonald's and the straws and lemon wipes … ...I keep the napkins from Macdonald's and the straws and lemon wipes from KFC especially the lemon wipes.

As did we when our kids were too young to fend for themselves.

Now they are old enough to visit such places on their own, I expect they'll also be able to think ahead to satisfy their own requirements.

fanpages

As did we when our kids were too young to fend for themselves.Now they … As did we when our kids were too young to fend for themselves.Now they are old enough to visit such places on their own, I expect they'll also be able to think ahead to satisfy their own requirements.

But the lemon wipes don't have alcohol in them anymore so theres no point sucking them
Bure11

Highcross one? Never had this problem at all and I've been there a fair … Highcross one? Never had this problem at all and I've been there a fair bit. Staff have been fine

schooleydoo

Dunstable's was gutted and re-fitted 4 months ago. Strange decision if … Dunstable's was gutted and re-fitted 4 months ago. Strange decision if there was risk of administration.

Four months ago they may have expected their fortunes to improve, especially with customers over the Christmas/New Year shopping period.
J4GG4

...You do not carry sauce in a van with you while working, sauce needs … ...You do not carry sauce in a van with you while working, sauce needs to be refrigerated.

J4GG4

And NOBODY thinks to buy sauce and save it in their van just in case a … And NOBODY thinks to buy sauce and save it in their van just in case a BK or a MCD didn't have any.

J4GG4

Oh and nobody was sitting in the restaurant when i ordered that day. It … Oh and nobody was sitting in the restaurant when i ordered that day. It was completely and utterly empty. I wonder why. 99.9% of people would not return to a restaurant for these little reasons. But theres plenty of people on the internet that want to argue over reasons like this when they have nothing else to do.

J4GG4

Customer is ALWAYS right. Therefore i am right in not returning to BK … Customer is ALWAYS right. Therefore i am right in not returning to BK after this episode and i was right to ask for a refund before i even touched the food. MCD give you a refund or replacement instantly if something is wrong.

J4GG4

stilltasty.com/que…/25

If you can't be bothered to click the link (which i suspect you wont), you can keep sauce out of the fridge, but it loses its taste, texture and will only keep for up to a month outside the fridge. In the fridge it lasts a lot longer. So keeping sauce in a hot van would not be acceptable. Only the older generation think its acceptable to keep sauce in a cupboard, back when the sauces contained far greater salts. So i do forgive you for making that mistake.. But i am right. If we did a poll right now on whether people think they should carry sauce with them to use on fast food chips or should expect the store to supply them, you think majority of people would say they expect to carry the sauce?.

Stop it.:D
J4GG4

...You do not carry sauce in a van with you while working, sauce needs … ...You do not carry sauce in a van with you while working, sauce needs to be refrigerated.

J4GG4

And NOBODY thinks to buy sauce and save it in their van just in case a … And NOBODY thinks to buy sauce and save it in their van just in case a BK or a MCD didn't have any.

J4GG4

J4GG4

J4GG4

But you could buy chips and use your existing ones and save the new ones meaning a constant replenishment of fresh stocks
fanpages

Four months ago they may have expected their fortunes to improve, … Four months ago they may have expected their fortunes to improve, especially with customers over the Christmas/New Year shopping period.

It was the lack of sauce that did it

Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 21st Apr 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions