360 controller with blue lights returned to me from microsoft!!

18 replies
Found 20th Apr 2008
Hi guys, gals,

I just used the 360 wireless controller i recieved from microsoft as a replacement, tested it for the first time, and the first thing i noticed was that it had BLUE lights instead of Green!..

Now the only information i can find, is of ways to modd a standard controller to have the blue lights instead, so i can only assume that someone has modded thier controller, it broke down so they sent it back, microsoft refurbished it and thought well, the lights are fine so no need to change them, and sent it to me as a replacement to mine.

Looks propper weird and I'm not too sure if i like it, but i will give microsoft a call tomorrow to make sure that this is ok. It came with one of thier recipts which is relevant to the serial in the back. Fact is if it works and is covered by the warranty there is no issue.

Just thought I'd give you people the heads up, as this is obviously a refurbished controller returned to me and not just a new one as a replacement.

17 Comments

I think that's pretty cool

Banned

ppost pictures of it plz

funky!

I want one like that too....:-D

Useful if you go round a mate's and take your controller as you can instantly recognise which one is yours at the end of the night.

That looks better than the green I think, but its a bit cheeky if they pretended it was a new replacement!

Original Poster

akme;1932654

]something like this?

Hi guys,

Yep its exactly like that!! blue ring of lights and the blue shines through.. though that picture would have been taken when connecting as all lights flash blue at that point, but when its connected the one connection light is blue and the middle stays shining through as blue..

Goto admit, i am getting used to it now... was a bit put off the first time i saw it as it wasnt green, thought i'd been duped!

Sure it would look even better on the elite model

akme;1933098

Sure it would look even better on the elite model

When I read your post I instantly thought, "black light would be even cooler"
Then I was like wait...
That wouldn't work lol :oops:

Magic_monkey;1933269

When I read your post I instantly thought, "black light would be even … When I read your post I instantly thought, "black light would be even cooler" Then I was like wait... That wouldn't work lol :oops:

well, a white LED underneath a fairly thick black piece of plastic may have a similar effect?

How did you end up sending a controller back?
Would you wanna sell it?

vixygwim;1933737

Imagine how p****d off the other guy is receiving back a controller with … Imagine how p****d off the other guy is receiving back a controller with green lights.I expect a post on HUKD soon..

Haha yea someone must have spent some time and a bit of cash putting a blue led into their beloved controller, only to have it sent off to someone else!

Original Poster

boydent999;1933652

How did you end up sending a controller back?Would you wanna sell it?

My right trigger was too sensitive, you could shake the controller and it would think you are pressing it. so I filled in a support form on the website and it went from there, they gave me a returns address with RMA number, all in all it took 2 weeks to get this one back.

And though i didnt like it at first, i must admit, it's the talk of all my m8's so far, they see it and go EH??? your light is blue! lol

I have to admit that does look quite nice

Can't you achieve the same effect just by putting a coloured sweet wrapper over the led?

DudeyGeeza;1936176

My right trigger was too sensitive, you could shake the controller and it … My right trigger was too sensitive, you could shake the controller and it would think you are pressing it. so I filled in a support form on the website and it went from there, they gave me a returns address with RMA number, all in all it took 2 weeks to get this one back.And though i didnt like it at first, i must admit, it's the talk of all my m8's so far, they see it and go EH??? your light is blue! lol

Ah right, thanks for that I have found sometimes that in the Madden in game menus, the right stick goes mad, but only sometimes and only in the stats menu......might look into this
Might ask them to send me a blue led-ed one :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whatsup number, confused44
    2. What is gearbest like on warranty?79
    3. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch34
    4. Swimming goggles for 3 year old21

See more discussions