Found 25th Jun 2009
Hi
is there a method to flash the 360 without opening the machine..
if so where can I get the tools.. and how easy is it?

I seen alot of kits about but unsure which is the easiest

11 Comments

Nope, it needs opening at least once to get access to the drive

Original Poster

Babbabooey;5586597

Nope, it needs opening at least once to get access to the drive

kanection.co.uk/pro…usb

summat like this.. any1 tried before?

zerowing;5586623

http://www.kanection.co.uk/product.php/876/139/x360-usbsummat like this.. … http://www.kanection.co.uk/product.php/876/139/x360-usbsummat like this.. any1 tried before?

Thats just a conectivity kit you still need to open your xbox to plug the sata into the back of your drive.:thumbsup:

Which drive do you have?

its very easy to open mate

Original Poster

I think I have the ... benq, its kinda old. 20gb prem pro ver xbox.
the main issue is my pc doesn't have sata.. all old school IDE, but got a laptop which I mainly use.. so after summat to connect it to my laptop.. via USB .. and then seen forums recoommend jungle flasher.

zerowing;5586676

I think I have the ... benq, its kinda old. 20gb prem pro ver xbox. the … I think I have the ... benq, its kinda old. 20gb prem pro ver xbox. the main issue is my pc doesn't have sata.. all old school IDE, but got a laptop which I mainly use.. so after summat to connect it to my laptop.. via USB .. and then seen forums recoommend jungle flasher.

I don't think Benq work with usb. Your best bet would be to get a Via pci sata card.

zerowing;5586676

I think I have the ... benq, its kinda old. 20gb prem pro ver xbox. the … I think I have the ... benq, its kinda old. 20gb prem pro ver xbox. the main issue is my pc doesn't have sata.. all old school IDE, but got a laptop which I mainly use.. so after summat to connect it to my laptop.. via USB .. and then seen forums recoommend jungle flasher.

Get PCI express for laptop.

Just get VIA6421a sata card and stick in pc. and away you go using jungleflasher. Mighty easy

Original Poster

strike;5586692

Get PCI express for laptop.Just get VIA6421a sata card and stick in pc. … Get PCI express for laptop.Just get VIA6421a sata card and stick in pc. and away you go using jungleflasher. Mighty easy

any pci (same as pcmcia?)

can these be picked up at pc world?

VIA641a is what mosts people use for flashing drives as their easy to use and very cheap. They do not sell these on ebay.

I got my VIA 6421 sata pci card from ebay for about £7, really easy to do!
I got all the info I needed from robinhoodsplayground.com but that was about a year ago.

zerowing;5586725

any pci (same as pcmcia?)can these be picked up at pc world?

http://*********.co.uk/SAT…A50
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Urgent help needed with travel agent55
    2. Submit Mobile Deals from Comparison sites22
    3. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33
    4. Recover WIN 10 on HP Laptop33

See more discussions