Groups

360 help

Banned
    hi
    currently using my xbox non hdmi version via my hd ready tv with the normal cable.
    i slide it on to hdtv and i get no picture.
    can i not use hd as my xbox doesnt have hdmi port?
    anybody shed any light, or do i need a new lead?
    cheers

19 Comments

Your Xbox is not sending HD signal, that's why you get no picture.

The only way you'll get HD picture is if you plug the component cables (5 cables 3 for video and 2 audio) not the composite (3 cables 1 video 2 audio). So make sure you are connecting the component cables.

you need a vga cable, i got an official xbox 360 one if you want
    £8 delivered?

asandino;5628424

The only way you'll get HD picture is if you plug the component cables (5 … The only way you'll get HD picture is if you plug the component cables (5 cables 3 for video and 2 audio) not the composite (3 cables 1 video 2 audio). So make sure you are connecting the component cables.

+1

phatboy123;5628463

you need a vga cable, i got an official xbox 360 one if you want£8 … you need a vga cable, i got an official xbox 360 one if you want£8 delivered?

you dont if you have the composite cable with the HD switch that came with the console - and you have composite ports on your tv

Admitidly, i do use the VGA cable, seems to be a crisper image IMHO

Original Poster Banned

cheers strangely enough it worked on hdtv mode. lol
    looks a load better

lol good stuff

Hamm;5628524

cheers strangely enough it worked on hdtv mode. lollooks a load better

Nice work!!! Now enjoy the wonders of HD gaming!!!

I would try messing about with the HD settings in the system settings - may be able to improve the quality (depending on your TV) Just go through the different options and see if there is any noticable difference on ech resolution setting

phatboy123;5628463

you need a vga cable, i got an official xbox 360 one if you want£8 … you need a vga cable, i got an official xbox 360 one if you want£8 delivered?

This is one of those cables that I am not sure whether you would want the official one.

I have got a VGA cable but not the official, but I noticed that is quite flat the part that connects to the XBOX 360, which leaves enough room for the HDMI port.

So even that VGA looks very good, DVI looks better, so with the 3rd party VGA cable I can connect a HDMI -> DVI cable and the VGA cable to ouput the sound and it works like a charm.

I am sure that the end that goes into the XBOX of official VGA cable is quite fat leaving no room for the HDMI port.

asandino;5628598

This is one of those cables that I am not sure whether you would want the … This is one of those cables that I am not sure whether you would want the official one.I have got a VGA cable but not the official, but I noticed that is quite flat the part that connects to the XBOX 360, which leaves enough room for the HDMI port.So even that VGA looks very good, DVI looks better, so with the 3rd party VGA cable I can connect a HDMI -> DVI cable and the VGA cable to ouput the sound and it works like a charm.I am sure that the end that goes into the XBOX of official VGA cable is quite fat leaving no room for the HDMI port.

not sure what your trying to say, but vga is the best option if your console has no hdmi.

phatboy123;5628651

not sure what your trying to say, but vga is the best option if your … not sure what your trying to say, but vga is the best option if your console has no hdmi.

+1:whistling:

phatboy123;5628651

not sure what your trying to say, but vga is the best option if your … not sure what your trying to say, but vga is the best option if your console has no hdmi.

I was saying that for VGA cables the official might not be the best option.

If you have a console with HDMI (I know is not what the OP has, but just giving an example) but your TV has not got HDMI (but it does have a DVI and VGA) then your best bet is to use a 3rd party VGA cable to transmit the AUDIO and use a HDMI -> DVI cable.

asandino;5628727

I was saying that for VGA cables the official might not be the best … I was saying that for VGA cables the official might not be the best option.If you have a console with HDMI (I know is not what the OP has, but just giving an example) but your TV has not got HDMI (but it does have a DVI and VGA) then your best bet is to use a 3rd party VGA cable to transmit the AUDIO and use a HDMI -> DVI cable.

okay

im having the the same problem. i have all the 5 plugs plugged in the correct ports, and still no picture. if i slide the switch back to standard tv then it works, put it back on hdtv and nothing.

Original Poster Banned

TomWilkoLFC;5628892

im having the the same problem. i have all the 5 plugs plugged in the … im having the the same problem. i have all the 5 plugs plugged in the correct ports, and still no picture. if i slide the switch back to standard tv then it works, put it back on hdtv and nothing.

it works now dude, all i did was :
    turn it on with hdtv switch on and it works

TomWilkoLFC;5628892

im having the the same problem. i have all the 5 plugs plugged in the … im having the the same problem. i have all the 5 plugs plugged in the correct ports, and still no picture. if i slide the switch back to standard tv then it works, put it back on hdtv and nothing.

Do you get sound at all?

I think VGA looks crisper but Composite is more vibrante in colour, I use VGA but would prefer to use composite but my Wii is plugged in to that on my TV
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764216
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      3. What do these 2 men have in common1013
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846168

See more discussions