Groups

360 JTAG Hack

Has anybody on here done this? Is it worth taking a soldering iron to my 360 to do it?

Is it buggy or does it does play the games from a HDD smoothly?

Thanks

35 Comments

maybe if you paid for your games, microsoft would have more money to offer better quality.
    same applies for PC, PSP and DS.

Banned

fps_d0minat0r;8054743

maybe if you paid for your games, microsoft would have more money to … maybe if you paid for your games, microsoft would have more money to offer better quality.same applies for PC, PSP and DS.

Better quality ? Do you know what a Jtag is ? *goes to google*
    maybe is PSN charged for online, you'd have proper connections
    Imo it's really not worth the effort and money you have to spend. If you need a quick hacking boost just get a rapid fire controller. I don't mind the fun hacks that everybody can use but the ones were people get a massive advantage or ruin the game entirely, pi*s.... me off

Original Poster

fps_d0minat0r;8054743

maybe if you paid for your games, microsoft would have more money to … maybe if you paid for your games, microsoft would have more money to offer better quality.same applies for PC, PSP and DS.

I do pay for games thank you but thanks for the random comment anyway :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ryman1000;8054752

Better quality ? Do you know what a Jtag is ? *goes to google*Imo it's … Better quality ? Do you know what a Jtag is ? *goes to google*Imo it's really not worth the effort and money you have to spend. If you need a quick hacking boost just get a rapid fire controller. I don't mind the fun hacks that everybody can use but the ones were people get a massive advantage or ruin the game entirely, pi*s.... me off

I'm not interested in that side of things, I just want to be able to copy games to the HDD :thumbsup:

Banned

RedIron;8054763

I'm not interested in that side of things, I just want to be able to copy … I'm not interested in that side of things, I just want to be able to copy games to the HDD :thumbsup:

You can then play them directly from the HDD without a disk ?

Original Poster

ryman1000;8054768

Only a max of 250GB storage though, with the JTAG hack you can use any size HDD and put any game on there.

Edit - Sorry misunderstood you, yes with the JTAG hack you can play them from any HDD and don't need a disk in the drive.

RedIron;8054755

I do pay for games thank you but thanks for the random comment anyway … I do pay for games thank you but thanks for the random comment anyway :thumbsup:

thats what they all say.

ryman1000;8054768

yes.......looks like your the one who needs to use google before flaming others.

Original Poster

fps_d0minat0r;8054782

thats what they all say.

I'm sure they probably do but I don't know why that is relevant :?

RedIron;8054816

I'm sure they probably do but I don't know why that is relevant :?

because of my first comment.
    i honestly dont think you would take the risk unless you were doing it to save a wad of cash on games.

Banned

fps_d0minat0r;8054783

yes.......looks like your the one who needs to use google before flaming … yes.......looks like your the one who needs to use google before flaming others.

I have a basic understanding of what it is, you said about quality, completely irreleavant

Banned

fps_d0minat0r;8054821

because of my first comment.i honestly dont think you would take the risk … because of my first comment.i honestly dont think you would take the risk unless you were doing it to save a wad of cash on games.

even if he is, why do you care ?

Original Poster

fps_d0minat0r;8054821

because of my first comment.i honestly dont think you would take the risk … because of my first comment.i honestly dont think you would take the risk unless you were doing it to save a wad of cash on games.

If it was to save money on games then I would just stick with the easy method of flashing the drive. It's much safer to do.

ryman1000;8054829

even if he is, why do you care ?

because of my first comment.......piracy is damaging the games industry......and im a gamer.

RedIron;8054831

If it was to save money on games then I would just stick with the easy … If it was to save money on games then I would just stick with the easy method of flashing the drive. It's much safer to do.

but maybe you want to cheat as well?

Banned

fps_d0minat0r;8054852

because of my first comment.......piracy is damaging the games … because of my first comment.......piracy is damaging the games industry......and im a gamer.

Piracy is hardly damaging the game's industry. The lose a couple of million on their multibillion games. Don't you think something would have been done by now ? Look at pc games. Much easier to pirate - more people, had serial numbers for online features for many years some not cracked.

Original Poster

fps_d0minat0r;8054857

but maybe you want to cheat as well?

As I said before i'm not in to that, I don't really see the point.

RedIron;8054864

As I said before i'm not in to that, I don't really see the point.

then what actually do you want to do with it?????

only people its worth taking the risk is for pirates and you say your not one of them so dont do it because its not worth it.

Banned

fps_d0minat0r;8054872

then what actually do you want to do with … then what actually do you want to do with it[COLOR="Red"]?????[/COLOR]only people its worth taking the risk is for pirates and you say your not one of them so dont do it because its not worth it.

???????????????

I play pirate games so what? Call the cops!

ryman1000;8054862

Piracy is hardly damaging the game's industry. The lose a couple of … Piracy is hardly damaging the game's industry. The lose a couple of million on their multibillion games. Don't you think something would have been done by now ? Look at pc games. Much easier to pirate - more people, had serial numbers for online features for many years some not cracked.

and notice the price difference in games between console and pc games.
    also notice how theres more console exclusives than pc exclusives. (real games, not those created in someones basement and gamers have never herd of)

If you've got a spare Xbox that you just want to mess around with, then it might be a fun little project but if the Xbox is still under warranty and not banned from Live I wouldn't bother. Not worth losing your Live service over.

ryman1000;8054875

???????????????

????????????

console games have always been more expensive than PC

they make a loss on the console you buy and make up the difference on software sales

Original Poster

fps_d0minat0r;8054872

then what actually do you want to do with it?????only people its worth … then what actually do you want to do with it?????only people its worth taking the risk is for pirates and you say your not one of them so dont do it because its not worth it.

I want to be able to store all the games on a HDD and play them from there without having to disc swap.

oldmanhouse;8054879

If you've got a spare Xbox that you just want to mess around with, then … If you've got a spare Xbox that you just want to mess around with, then it might be a fun little project but if the Xbox is still under warranty and not banned from Live I wouldn't bother. Not worth losing your Live service over.

Thanks

It's out of warranty now and i'm not particularly fussed about live either (it's not banned). Have you done it before?

skykid3;8054888

console games have always been more expensive than PCthey make a loss on … console games have always been more expensive than PCthey make a loss on the console you buy and make up the difference on software sales

no its because theres a demand for console games.

why would they sell (for example) mass effect 2 for £20 on xbox when they can sell it easily at £30?

on PC people will pirate it if its at £30 so they quickly drop it to £20 and after a year some go to £10 and some even lower. (valve dont have pity on gamers, its because games on steam dont sell which is why they have so many 'deals')

on ps3 and xbox they remain as platinum and classic titles and they still go for £15-£20 after years of release because their still in demand.

I hate having to swap discs all the time

Even on my PC I have bought games and then use cracks so i dont have to keep swapping discs

fps_d0minat0r;8054852

.......piracy is damaging the games industry......

Not strictly true, if I couldn't download the games, then I would simply wait longer and buy a cheap pre-owned copy, buying pre-owned would the developers get a cut from me? NO

As for jtag allowing games to be played disc free from a HDD its saving wear and tear on the console and because its not having to keep the optical drive going then its running cooler,

harlzter;8054900

Not strictly true, if I couldn't download the games, then I would simply … Not strictly true, if I couldn't download the games, then I would simply wait longer and buy a cheap pre-owned copy, buying pre-owned would the developers get a cut from me? NOAs for jtag allowing games to be played disc free from a HDD its saving wear and tear on the console and because its not having to keep the optical drive going then its running cooler,

YOU would wait longer, were talking about the trend of the gaming population, not one person.

fps_d0minat0r;8054896

no its because theres a demand for console games.why would they sell (for … no its because theres a demand for console games.why would they sell (for example) mass effect 2 for £20 on xbox when they can sell it easily at £30?on PC people will pirate it if its at £30 so they quickly drop it to £20 and after a year some go to £10 and some even lower. (valve dont have pity on gamers, its because games on steam dont sell which is why they have so many 'deals')on ps3 and xbox they remain as platinum and classic titles and they still go for £15-£20 after years of release because their still in demand.

Software companies have to pay a licensing fee for games on whoever's console they release them on(Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) but not on PC, hence more expensive games on console

RedIron;8054890

It's out of warranty now and i'm not particularly fussed about live … It's out of warranty now and i'm not particularly fussed about live either (it's not banned). Have you done it before?

Nah, I haven't. My Xbox still has a year or so left on the warranty so won't look into doing it (if it's even worth it) until it has expired.

A good forum, if you don't already know of it is ]Xbox-Scene - lots of flashing and presumably some JTAGing info there that might be worth reading up on.

harlzter;8054900

Not strictly true, if I couldn't download the games, then I would simply … Not strictly true, if I couldn't download the games, then I would simply wait longer and buy a cheap pre-owned copy, buying pre-owned would the developers get a cut from me? NOAs for jtag allowing games to be played disc free from a HDD its saving wear and tear on the console and because its not having to keep the optical drive going then its running cooler

This is a fair point. I have an old PS2 which has a busted disk drive but I brought it back to life by playing games off the hard drive :thumbsup:

Original Poster

oldmanhouse;8054930

Nah, I haven't. My Xbox still has a year or so left on the warranty so … Nah, I haven't. My Xbox still has a year or so left on the warranty so won't look into doing it (if it's even worth it) until it has expired.A good forum, if you don't already know of it is ]Xbox-Scene - lots of flashing and presumably some JTAGing info there that might be worth reading up on.This is a fair point. I have an old PS2 which has a busted disk drive but I brought it back to life by playing games off the hard drive :thumbsup:

Thanks again

I've come across it before but will have a read now :thumbsup:

Banned

dcx_badass;8055001

No PC multiplayer has been cracked for official servers for at least 5 … No PC multiplayer has been cracked for official servers for at least 5 years now, sure you can play online on pirate servers, but not official ones not for a long long time.In B4 someone posts a link of some obscure game breaking what I just said.

Call Of Duty 4, cracked in early 08 I think

Banned

fps_d0minat0r;8054882

????????????

???????????????????????

Banned

dcx_badass;8057987

Go on then download it and play on legit servers, oh wait you can't, you … Go on then download it and play on legit servers, oh wait you can't, you were completely wrong.

I misread your thing, I thought you said private matches. They're stil l public just you have to enter an I.P directly to connect. The servers are the same as any other though. You still get XP etc....
    so im told :whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions