Groups

360 Question

Banned
    What format of videos do the xbox 360 play?

I want to convert some of my videos into a format that plays on the 360.

13 Comments

Your best bet is MP4..

.avi .

Original Poster Banned

strike;4068261

.avi .

Thanks

Are you sure? So if I have a .avi file and put it on mem stick and put it in 360 it will play?

Original Poster Banned

StevenA2000_uk;4068243

Your best bet is MP4..

Thanks

sam2007;4068274

ThanksAre you sure? So if I have a .avi file and put it on mem stick and … ThanksAre you sure? So if I have a .avi file and put it on mem stick and put it in 360 it will play?

Mines only plays AVI's if you are connected to xbox live. If its not connected to xbox live then you will usually get a codec error :-(

sam2007;4068274

ThanksAre you sure? So if I have a .avi file and put it on mem stick and … ThanksAre you sure? So if I have a .avi file and put it on mem stick and put it in 360 it will play?

If you have the media update then it will work.

Theres also wmv files which the 360 will play natively.

Original Poster Banned

deathtrap3000;4068287

If you have the media update then it will work.Theres also wmv files … If you have the media update then it will work.Theres also wmv files which the 360 will play natively.

Thanks people.

Where could I get the media update from?

sam2007;4068304

Thanks people.Where could I get the media update from?

Xbox Live.

Original Poster Banned

deathtrap3000;4068314

Xbox Live.

Thanks, sorry I am pretty stupid. Will it update automatically?

Get Xvid - i have a 1TB external HDD with a load of movies on that i watch through my xbox

sam2007;4068330

Thanks, sorry I am pretty stupid. Will it update automatically?

When you try and play an avi file, it will tell you to get the update. It will also provide a link to download it, then once its downloaded, it will auto install.
    And then you can play the file.

Original Poster Banned

Thanks you everyone. Working now.

ChrisUK;4068338

Get Xvid - i have a 1TB external HDD with a load of movies on that i … Get Xvid - i have a 1TB external HDD with a load of movies on that i watch through my xbox

I have a 1tb Internal HDD which i stream to the xbox in divx format. Well i don't, it's 250gb, but the point still stands......
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491
      3. One thing you've forgotten68
      4. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …33

See more discussions