360 Warranty???????

Had a 360 premium bought back in april,sent off for extended warranty,had no paperwork to say its started.Traded premium for Elite (told by staff 3 year warranty,1 with them 2 with Microsoft)Called Microsoft just to adjust records,told 2 year warranty paid for on premium:? :thinking: Also told Elite comes with only 1 year as no faults yet:? :thinking: Complained about charging me and should have given me refund as premiums now come with 3 years,was told best they could do is transfer warranty from premium to Elite.
Whats is the official version on this as was told 3 years by Gamestation on Elite but only 1 by Microsoft.Also they should have refunded me the money for warranty on the premium but they didn't.

10 Comments

Banned

Xbox 360's are converted buy 1 year warranty and standard

AND the 2 FREE year warranty is only for the 3 red light problem

So if you have 3 red lights Microsoft will warrant the xbox for the 2&3rd year

but if your 360 e.g dvd drive stopped working its not covered by 2&3rd year

so extended warranty covers all faults for 3 years therefore you wont get a refund

Original Poster

h4x3r

Xbox 360's are converted buy 1 year warranty and standardAND the 2 FREE … Xbox 360's are converted buy 1 year warranty and standardAND the 2 FREE year warranty is only for the 3 red light problemSo if you have 3 red lights Microsoft will warrant the xbox for the 2&3rd yearbut if your 360 e.g dvd drive stopped working its not covered by 2&3rd yearso extended warranty covers all faults for 3 years therefore you wont get a refund

Asked about the Elite and 3 years and was told Elite doesn't have the 3 red light issue as they have fixed it so no 3 year warranty on Elite.Only time will tell i suppose.

Many 360 forums are already reporting 3 red light problems with the Elite. :-(

Original Poster

Syzable

Many 360 forums are already reporting 3 red light problems with the … Many 360 forums are already reporting 3 red light problems with the Elite. :-(

:-( Oh dear:-(
And i was told they fixed it,so i assume the 3 year warranty for red lights stands on the Elite as well.Will call and complain that they lied about fixing it.
Gamestation should have also made it clear that the 3 year warranty only covers the red light issue & not a full warranty as i was led to believe.

Thing to remember is that only people with problems will complain though. It'll take about 6 months to get a fair reflection of how reliable it is.
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Some of the earlier Elites have a different cooling setup as well so it could be those that are the problem. It generally from what i've seen has been the US ones.[/SIZE]

Original Poster

Thanks Sy:thumbsup:
Will do some search about the Elite and take it from there.(Didn't really want to buy the Elite but as family members bought some i crumblered under pressure:oops: )You would have thought the 1st thing they would fix would have been the red light problem and not the colour.

Banned

every Xbox 360 sold WORLD WIDE regardless of model has 3 years warranty

The 3 red light issue is due to faults with the console so you cant say its been fixed even if it has been fixed there will be a percentage of issues with it

ive been using my xbox since December and no problems

Isn't it EU Comsumer Law that manufacturing defects are covered for 2 years?

Banned

Snake

Thanks Sy:thumbsup: Will do some search about the Elite and take it from … Thanks Sy:thumbsup: Will do some search about the Elite and take it from there.(Didn't really want to buy the Elite but as family members bought some i crumblered under pressure:oops: )You would have thought the 1st thing they would fix would have been the red light problem and not the colour.

Microsoft are doing there best they have done hardware revisions etc etc they have also extend the warranty to three years if i was you buy and without extended warranty you wont have a problem

Original Poster

h4x3r

Microsoft are doing there best they have done hardware revisions etc etc … Microsoft are doing there best they have done hardware revisions etc etc they have also extend the warranty to three years if i was you buy and without extended warranty you wont have a problem

Have no complaints about the machine and glad i bought it,its just the confusion about the 3 year warranty being told something by Gamestation and told different by Microsoft.My Elite is now covered by extended 3 year warranty which they transfered from the premium but would have been nice of them to send some form of paperwork to let me know.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414614056
    2. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2238
    3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523394
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846051

See more discussions