360 With No HDMI - Component or VGA???????

13 replies
Found 23rd Mar 2009
Which gives the best picture?

I know they are almost the same and its really down to the way your tv handles the different signals, but I would still like to hear your opinions/experiences.

rep left for help,
Cheers.

1. Misc
  2. HDMI
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. HDMI
13 Comments

Sloth/Mod

I'd have said component out of the 2 above.

Very little if any difference on mine between HDMI & Component...........to my eyes anyway.

hmm, component 5 wires, VGA 17 wires (if you include the audio)

VGA is the better one m8.

Component. Slightly

Sloth/Mod

DudeyGeeza;4718582

hmm, component 5 wires, VGA 17 wires (if you include the audio)VGA is the … hmm, component 5 wires, VGA 17 wires (if you include the audio)VGA is the better one m8.

I used to get a bit more of a fuzzier picture out of VGA..............but as the OP said i think it depends on the TV.

And my 12" Black & White portable was poor. lol

Syzable;4718590

I used to get a bit more of a fuzzier picture out of VGA..............but … I used to get a bit more of a fuzzier picture out of VGA..............but as the OP said i think it depends on the TV. And my 12" Black & White portable was poor. lol

hehe.. a GOOD VGA panel will give the same as DVI, (HDMI without sound) but yes, finding a good VGA panel is like rocking horse poop!

VGA is generally better, but you shouldn't notice much difference in the 2 when playing games.

But for films you will...component doesn't upscale DVD video.

Isn't the component lead just left audio, right audio, and a single wire with a + and a - for video? In theory, VGA should be much better, since the x360's output basically just is a VGA output with extra pins for audio and with a different connector, and VGA gives you seperate channels for red, green, blue, and sync. More bandwidth, less colour bleed, less distortion, less ghosting, in theory.

Admittedly, I have both VGA and component cables about 6ft away from me. But it's been a long hard day, so unless you really want or if no-one else can give you a solid answer, I cba finding out for sure.

VGA is better. VGA gives you deeper blacks.

Ad

Sloth/Mod

Think as long as you have got a HD-TV you should be fine regardless. I've always had mine running through the HD but i went round my mates who had his through a old SD telly and it looked very bizarre. lol

Banned

dxx;4718627

Isn't the component lead just left audio, right audio, and a single wire … Isn't the component lead just left audio, right audio, and a single wire with a + and a - for video?

No. Thats composite.

Original Poster

Thanks for the help folks

Definately VGA for me

Original Poster

looks like its vga for me
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769557
    2. 5am gym crew20140
    3. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games33
    4. Anyone else bored of video gaming2849

See more discussions