Groups
    EXPIRED

37-42" Hd Tv

Banned
    Can be Plasma or LCD i guess

Has to be 37" at least - but dont need anything bigger than 42"

Would prefer a well known brand - not looking to spend loads, hopefully under £700?

6 Comments

check my post here >>> ]http//ww…909

i dnt recommend plasma tvs. but the one tesco is selling is quiet cheap its the 42" lg plasma for 699.99.

i have the hd ready 42" plasma version of the one in tesco. and it is fantastic. the link there is for a version of same tv but without built in freeview and only 1 hdmi port. Bargain in my eyes.

Original Poster Banned

Wow thats a nice tv, is plasma any better than LCD? I heard it "runs out" after a couple of years?

lifetime of both are pretty much the same, i have worked out, mine should last about 10 years with the amount its on before it gets to half its original brightness.

as for which is better, thats a tough one. to me, lcd have a kind of dull picture, but they say lcd suits bright daytime viewing, or, if you view mainly in low light conditions, plasma is better.

i looked at many many lcd's and plasma, and before physically viewing any, ie only looking on internet i was convinced a 32 lcd was what i was after. After trawling through some local stores i realised i would never have been happy with that, and a 42" plasma, the LG one, was the tv for me.

Couldn't agree with you more Shanecr. For ages I wanted a Plasma, and everyone was saying LCD was better, my friend bought one (expensive one too) - saying it was the balls!! -but I couldn't help thinking, the pic quality was poor!!
    Got myself 37" Panasonic plasma at Xmas - it's phenomenal!! wipes the floor with LCD (it was actually cheaper too)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Decent 4k TV on a budget22
      2. Legal advice11
      3. is it still possible/easy to add the playstore to a new kindle fire 845
      4. Sky broadband cancel notice period.44

See more discussions