Expired

37 Inch or 40 Inch Full HD Television

Found 10th Feb 2011
It's been 12 years since we bought our last telly so it's about time to move into the present.

I'm after a Full HD 37" to 40" TV. I've recently purchased a PS3 (one of the other reasons to upgrade from the 24" CRT!) so I will be doing some gaming, some online. I'm not too worried about built in freeview, playing movies from USB or internet connectivity - my PS3 or BTVision Box will cover all of this (although if they were included it would be nice...)

Does the (online) gaming mean I really need a 100Hz TV?

I've been eyeing up most of the deals on this site, including the Samsung LE40C580 (http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-le40c580-40-inch-widescreen-full-hd-1080p-with-freeview-hd-now-388-55-am/871422) - this is now £409 at amazon. The Sony KDL37EX503U won the 37" TV of the year so I was considering that too (£500 on amazon).

I'd appreciate any of your thoughts. I could probably go up to about £600 but much more that £500 would need more discussion with the better half...

Thanks in advance.

1. Ask
  2. TV
  3. HD TV
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. TV
  3. HD TV
4 Comments

Sony all the way, the picture quality and colours are far superior to any other tv imo.

Sony's Bravia engine is second to none, so I would definitely go with that (the fact that the model you mentioned has the latest engine v3 makes the deal all much sweeter).

Original Poster

Grrrr. Was just about to buy the Sony one but it's gone up £100 in amazon (think it's now a 3rd party seller's price). May wait until amazon get it back in stock again...

MAKRO are selling a SONY KDL40EX403 full HD TV for £350 + VAT, thus £420

Which I think is a good price for this type of TV
Post a comment
@
    Text