Groups
    EXPIRED

37" LCD HD Ready TV Needed

I'm after a 37" or bigger HD ready tv for as cheap as possible. I've seen a few but its out of my price range and sometimes the discount codes dont work on certain models. One more requirement is that its a well known brand e.g. toshiba, sony, LG, etc, and that its from an ASA dealer such as currys, dixons,comet, etc, so i can take advantage of the discounted sky hd. thanks for any help.

7 Comments

SAMSUNG LE40R72BX 40" High Definition LCD TV
    590208 at Currys

web exclusive £1,029.00
    offer not available in-store

currys.co.uk/mar…uct

The use Voucher code
    RSADISC to get 10% off

makes it £926.10 + £19.99 delivery

Hope this is good far ya
    It's not the latest model, the 74's are better, but the spec is very high for the price

Toshiba 37WLT66 37" at currys for £831.59 delivered.

enter codes:

325378cfp

email10

prfreedel

Logrus

SAMSUNG LE40R72BX 40" High Definition LCD TV 590208 at Currysweb … SAMSUNG LE40R72BX 40" High Definition LCD TV 590208 at Currysweb exclusive £1,029.00offer not available in-storehttp://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1547753701.1162997922@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccgdaddjfljlhijcflgceggdhhmdgmj.0&page=Product&sku=590208&calling_page=ProductThe use Voucher codeRSADISC to get 10% offmakes it £926.10 + £19.99 deliveryHope this is good far ya :)It's not the latest model, the 74's are better, but the spec is very high for the price

Add 590208cfp and prfreedel to get this set for £833.40 delivered.

use quidco too to get an extra 3% off.

Original Poster

Which one of the two is better? Samsung or Toshiba regardless of size?

The Samsung has no Freeview where as the Toshiba does.

TBH your best going over to AVforums and doing a search over there. People do seem to be very pleased with their Toshiba screens but I can't tell you which is best.

They would both do HD extremely well it's just the SD where you need to research into. Obviously SD will look worse on the Samsung because it's 40" so you need to sit further away from it. At least 9ft I believe?

I have this one: ]http//ww…138

S&V Price £847.88
    Including VAT and Delivery

Dealer Blurb:
    This attractive two tone LG 37LC2D TV uses Engine technology to improve its picture quality. It takes analogue signals to near HD levels by improving brightness, contrast, detail and enhancing colour as well as reducing signal noise. This impressive model also features Super IPS technology to reduce distortion and blurring on fast moving scenes.

The 37LC2D includes a built-in digital tuner so you can access Freeview channels and radio stations. You can also enjoy the view from almost anywhere in the room thanks to its wide 178° viewing angle. It has a host of connections including a PC input and 3 SCART sockets. It also includes a table top stand.

Specifications & Features Picture/Display
    37 " Diagonal Screen Size (Inch)
    1600:1 Contrast Ratio
    500 cd/m2 Screen Brightness
    178 Degree Viewing Angle
    1366 x 768 Resolution

Manufacturers Technology Features
    HD Ready

Convenience
    Freeview
    Digital TV Ready
    Auto Setup
    Parental Lock/Parental Control
    Teletext
    On/Off Timer
    On Screen Display
    Quick Setup
    Picture In Picture
    Volume Control

Sound & Power Output
    30 W (RMS) Output Power

Connections
    1 x HDMI Connection/s
    1 x S-Video Connection/s
    1 x Component Video Connection/s
    2 x Standard Scart Connection/s
    1 x RGB Scart Connection/s
    1 x PC D-Sub Connection/s

Accessories Supplied
    Pedestal stand
    Remote Control
    User Manual
    Batteries
    Quick Start Guide
    Warranty Card

Power,Weight & Dimensions
    725 x 945 x 285 mm (W/H/D) Dimensions

If you can find it cheaper they will try and match the price, which varies daily, this model was £856 on Tuesday this week and I paid £1,001 for it only 4 months ago, but it is a great buy and looks stunning with a digital HD box or an HDMI upscaling DVD.

Usel

Toshiba 37WLT66 37" at currys for £831.59 delivered.enter … Toshiba 37WLT66 37" at currys for £831.59 delivered.enter codes:325378cfpemail10prfreedel

Thanks for that... just wondering if I hold out till Nov 30th will these still work alongside the XMAS10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 codes?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. A mini break to Edinburgh - recommendations for recommendations/area etc!610
      2. Help please - pc issues57
      3. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed68
      4. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree1419

See more discussions