Groups
    EXPIRED

377 service men and women dead

Banned
    Makes you think....why? don't you think.

66 Comments

rip..

people die in wars, i know it sounds harsh but its the truth how many years have we been fighting this war in the middle east 7,8??

WW2 lasted 6 years and 60 million died

how many lifes could we be potentially saving buy fighting this??

its heartbreaking

its such a shame think of the familys of all these people RIP.

Banned

rip most were quite young to,

Original Poster Banned

micoo;6029547

how many lifes could we be potentially saving buy fighting this??

Don't know, but I don't think 697,523 civilians in iraq and 7,589 civilians in Afghanistan would have been accomplished

What i dont understand is, why does all the NATO, UN, UK as well as BIG BRO - US not look into other opressive countries? Why Afghanistan? Why never Palestine? Why not Lebanon? Why not Tamil Tigers?

Even though i feel sorry for all the people who died fighting as well as the families of them who are affected, but this is what you get fighting someone else's war

oh and for those who doesnt know,

The same UK government who took Pakistan out of the List of Common Wealth Countries when the military commander in Cheif - General Musharaf's regime took over the country, is now giving political asylum to the same General.

agreed with all points in thread.

RIP. brave, courageous people.

capricornianz;6029572

What i dont understand is, why does all the NATO, UN, UK as well as BIG … What i dont understand is, why does all the NATO, UN, UK as well as BIG BRO - US not look into other opressive countries? Why Afghanistan? Why never Palestine? Why not Lebanon? Why not Tamil Tigers?Even though i feel sorry for all the people who died fighting as well as the families of them who are affected, but this is what you get fighting someone else's war

I hear ya. repped
    it's a sad situation, rip all of them (feel for the famailies they leave behind.)

Banned

why doesnt the US & UK go into somalia? they haven't had a functioning government for ages.

they chose this career and path they gotta accept the consequences

My heart goes out to each and every one of those brave men and women and their families that fought on behalf of our Country, God Bless them all. May they rest in peace. x

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3584/3472722005_98513351c5.jpg

Sums it up for me. RIP lads.:thumbsup:

Banned

micoo;6029547

people die in wars, i know it sounds harsh but its the truth how many … people die in wars, i know it sounds harsh but its the truth how many years have we been fighting this war in the middle east 7,8??WW2 lasted 6 years and 60 million diedhow many lifes could we be potentially saving buy fighting this??

Its correct every job has a risk .............if you dont want the risk..................dont join the services.

It's very sad. RIP. However........2 guarantees in life........1 is you'll die and the 2nd is there will always be war/conflict. It's human nature.

Banned

Old men will always send young men to die.

The real tragedy is that we continue to ensure that people actually want to sign up to join the army. Maybe if we gave them other choices in life, or the tools to question what they're told, things might change.

Banned

FilthAndFurry;6030547

Old men will always send young men to die. The real tragedy is that we … Old men will always send young men to die. The real tragedy is that we continue to ensure that people actually want to sign up to join the army. Maybe if we gave them other choices in life, or the tools to question what they're told, things might change.

They are NOT forced and how do you ENSURE
    its self choice .................no conscription,...................... or national service.....................
    any more its a fact young boys and girls want to travel the world for free and fire guns, but its a fact it comes with a risk they might not think of.:thumbsup:

Well they have kept the lunatics from bringing Armageddon so far,But for how long ?.
    We have to remeber that every freedom we have (including sitting here typing this) was one on the backs of brave peoplelike these willing to risk all,

Banned

tonyg1962;6030674

Well they have kept the lunatics from bringing Armageddon so far,But for … Well they have kept the lunatics from bringing Armageddon so far,But for how long ?.We have to remeber that every freedom we have (including sitting here typing this) was one on the backs of brave peoplelike these willing to risk all,

:thumbsup:+1

Banned

tonyg1962;6030674

Well they have kept the lunatics from bringing Armageddon so far,But for … Well they have kept the lunatics from bringing Armageddon so far,But for how long ?.We have to remeber that every freedom we have (including sitting here typing this) was one on the backs of brave peoplelike these willing to risk all,

If you ignore 7/7 which was a direct response to our involvement in these wars.

The problem is that you have old men on both sides who brainwash kids by lying to them and telling them that 'death in battle' is in some way honourable.

In times of peace sons bury their fathers
    In times of war fathers bury their sons

Im not to sure who said this but always makes me think.
    There are to many people i know have died over in afghanistan in just this past 2 months alone, 4 of them not older than 18, barely legal to drink yet old enough to lose there lives. Im not sure if any of you are aware of the bombing that killed 14 civilians and 3 squads the other day, but what the papers neglect to tell you if there was a 4th injured, and he's my OH cousin, he's now fighting for his life in hospital having lost his leg and several fingers.
    Having served myself i know how scary the prospect of war can be, but i also know that its what i joined to do.

Stand easy lads and lasses

Banned

sig1169;6030727

In times of peace sons bury their fathers In times of war fathers bury … In times of peace sons bury their fathers In times of war fathers bury their sonsIm not to sure who said this but always makes me think.There are to many people i know have died over in afghanistan in just this past 2 months alone, 4 of them not older than 18, barely legal to drink yet old enough to lose there lives. Im not sure if any of you are aware of the bombing that killed 14 civilians and 3 squads the other day, but what the papers neglect to tell you if there was a 4th injured, and he's my OH cousin, he's now fighting for his life in hospital having lost his leg and several fingers.Having served myself i know how scary the prospect of war can be, but i also know that its what i joined to do.Stand easy lads and lasses

Hope your OH's cousin gets better soon.
    I really wish our troops werent over there, just so sad! xx

Banned

sig1169;6030727

In times of peace sons bury their fathers In times of war fathers bury … In times of peace sons bury their fathers In times of war fathers bury their sonsIm not to sure who said this but always makes me think.There are to many people i know have died over in afghanistan in just this past 2 months alone, 4 of them not older than 18, barely legal to drink yet old enough to lose there lives. Im not sure if any of you are aware of the bombing that killed 14 civilians and 3 squads the other day, but what the papers neglect to tell you if there was a 4th injured, and he's my OH cousin, he's now fighting for his life in hospital having lost his leg and several fingers.Having served myself i know how scary the prospect of war can be, but i also know that its what i joined to do.Stand easy lads and lasses

Commendable statement:thumbsup: +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Iraq...oil afghanistan....heroin

Banned

scallygally;6030851

Iraq...oil afghanistan....heroin

Lost in translation somewhere

377 service men and women dead

are you suggesting

Well there are some really stupid comments on this thread made by people who do not have a clue about life, lol

This is a very touchy subject and I think the OP knows this, bit of trolling going here I think

Banned

sparkygeezer;6030885

Well there are some really stupid comments on this thread made by people … Well there are some really stupid comments on this thread made by people who do not have a clue about life, lolThis is a very touchy subject and I think the OP knows this, bit of trolling going here I think

I think that's an unfair thing to say.

EDIT - is questioning war now considered trolling?

Banned

sparkygeezer;6030885

Well there are some really stupid comments on this thread made by people … Well there are some really stupid comments on this thread made by people who do not have a clue about life, lolThis is a very touchy subject and I think the OP knows this, bit of trolling going here I think

:thumbsup: +1

my OH is on the way to see him now so hopefully will be have some good news.
    as for why we are over there, in my opinion we were asked to go there. how many of you posting on here have served in the forces out of interest? or worked along side them?

Banned

sig1169;6030930

my OH is on the way to see him now so hopefully will be have some good … my OH is on the way to see him now so hopefully will be have some good news.as for why we are over there, in my opinion we were asked to go there. how many of you posting on here have served in the forces out of interest? or worked along side them?

RAF:thumbsup:
    Thinking of you

sparkygeezer;6030885

+2
    sig1169;6030930

my OH is on the way to see him now so hopefully will be have some good … my OH is on the way to see him now so hopefully will be have some good news.as for why we are over there, in my opinion we were asked to go there. how many of you posting on here have served in the forces out of interest? or worked along side them?

Army

All the best to your OH

My father was in the RAF for 22 years and I am very proud of him :thumbsup:

Banned

sig1169;6030930

I've never served. I grew up in areas that had a lot of 'squaddies' and I can't say that made me any more likely to want to join the forces.

I don't think my inquisitive, questioning nature adds to 'unit cohesion'.

glad some off you have said that you served. i detest it when those who have had no contact with the military try and tell me why we're out there risking our lives 'for the greater good' so to speak.
    i know for a fact that one of my mates died over there last month due to the fact the vehicle he was driving wasnt properly protected, and thats something the army really need to sort out, because something like (and dont quote me on this) 75% of those injured or killed my road side bombs is becuase there vehicles wern't ready equipt.

I personally believe that UK should concentrate on fixing issues within its own boundaries instead of fighting someone else's war thousand of miles away.

Banned

sig1169;6031006

glad some off you have said that you served. i detest it when those who … glad some off you have said that you served. i detest it when those who have had no contact with the military try and tell me why we're out there risking our lives 'for the greater good' so to speak.i know for a fact that one of my mates died over there last month due to the fact the vehicle he was driving wasnt properly protected, and thats something the army really need to sort out, because something like (and dont quote me on this) 75% of those injured or killed my road side bombs is becuase there vehicles wern't ready equipt.

You mean like most of the politicians who send the army to these places?

FilthAndFurry;6031041

You mean like most of the politicians who send the army to these places?

yes actually. i hate reading something they've wrote without an ounce of military knowledge to back-up what they're saying.

Banned

sig1169;6031057

yes actually. i hate reading something they've wrote without an ounce of … yes actually. i hate reading something they've wrote without an ounce of military knowledge to back-up what they're saying.

So only those who have served in the military have a right to voice an opinion on the wars?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Looking for a mobile phone with a £300 budget22
      2. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?66
      3. Ps4 slim how much should I charge 2nd hand.56
      4. Laptop 1060 gtx ?33

See more discussions