3D televisions

Found 14th Jul
Ok, so not the most in-vogue TV topics, but what are the recommendations out there for retailers of 50”+, active 3D TVs these days?
I still (in the minority) love my 3D movies, but only have a 40” Samsung Smart TV. I want to upgrade before these types of TVs become totally unavailable.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
My TV I've had for years is a 55" LG 55Uh850v with 3d and I love it, it has HDR Dolby vision and all that jazz not sure on price now but it's good
Edit* see you want active I believe my LG is passive
Edited by: "DanRussell" 14th Jul
Have a feeling you have left it to late.
You want a Panasonic EX750B. The last great active 3D TV. Be quick though. They are beginning to go out of stock.

Very have the 58” for £899.99. very.co.uk/pan…GZg

You could try to get John Lewis to price match it too. johnlewis.com/pan….ds

I would never recommend Very for any purchases, especially expensive stuff.

Buyer beware
Edited by: "deeky" 15th Jul
I have an lg 3d tv. I have watched about 6-7 films in 3d, avatar was amazing, an animated one, cant think what it was called was good, the rest were ok to rubbish quality. Wouldnt recommend for films etc.
If its for gaming, well thats different. My son uses his x box and he says the gaming in 3d is amazing.
I think my tv is passive, its called cinema 3d . Lighter glasses with no batteries needed. When i purchased my tv, i was reading up on the best type, i read that the glasses that take batteries flicker on and off so many times a second and can cause headaches, nausea and even fitting if you are epilectic. Dont know how true this is, but might be worth looking into.
As well as the EX750 there are still some Sony ZD9 around, although they're a flagship model so they cost a lot for the large size and amazing HDR ability.

LG's 2016 OLEDs (C6/E6/G6) were generally considered the best 3D TVs ever made but you might find it tricky to find any new stock now they've been discontinued for over a year.
deeky15th Jul

I would never recommend Very for any purchases, especially expensive …I would never recommend Very for any purchases, especially expensive stuff.Buyer beware

Fully agree but don’t trust review sites if we did none of us would shop anywhere

uk.trustpilot.com/rev…com
eslick34 m ago

Fully agree but don’t trust review sites if we did none of us would shop a …Fully agree but don’t trust review sites if we did none of us would shop anywhere https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.johnlewis.com

When you have personal experience of dealing with Very, and then go on to read hundreds of accounts of the same treatment that reviewers have received when dealing with Very, then you can vouch for the authenticity of the reviews.

I've had the John Lewis example quoted before. I can't say about them because I haven't had any issues with them, but I CAN vouch for how appalling Very are.

An example: this is the email I received from a no-reply email address, after being promised my refund for goods that they cancelled, for a whole month.

34368693-efYeE.jpg
That's it. No explanation about when or if I would ever get my refund. I had to open a PayPal dispute to eventually get my money back. The fact that they over-refunded me to the tune of £180 only partly made up for the nightmare I had endured.
Edited by: "deeky" 16th Jul
deeky28 m ago

When you have personal experience of dealing with Very, and then go on to …When you have personal experience of dealing with Very, and then go on to read hundreds of accounts of the same treatment that reviewers have received when dealing with Very, then you can vouch for the authenticity of the reviews. I've had the John Lewis example quoted before. I can't say about them because I haven't had any issues with them, but I CAN vouch for how appalling Very are.An example: this is the email I received from a no-reply email address, after being promised my refund for goods that they cancelled, for a whole month.[Image] That's it. No explanation about when or if I would ever get my refund. I had to open a PayPal dispute to eventually get my money back. The fact that they over-refunded me to the tune of £180 only partly made up for the nightmare I had endured.

'cash order' ?
jco834 m ago

'cash order' ?

Exactly. It was payPal. I can only assume they they mean a non-credit order. So because I didn't have it on an account I can't have my money back

Anyway, drop it now, I come out in a cold sweat whenever I think about it
Edited by: "deeky" 16th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants