3DS XL has another person's wireless internet code entered

My son's second-hand 3DS XL has now turned up (bought from CEX). On opening it, I have to enter certain things - name, date of birth, country, wireless setttings, etc. I've got so far as the wireless settings bit, and it gives me an option to select it, and then to enter the wireless settings code. However, on selecting it, there is already an 8-digit wireless settings code entered (presumably from the last owner). How do I delete their code so that I can enter my wireless settings code? Also, the DS has come pre-installed with a game - if anything needs resetting to do this, will I lose the pre-installed game? Thank you.

6 Comments

does this help?
nintendo.co.uk/Sup…tml
Did you/were you able to select new connection/manual set up?

i think games are linked to accounts rather than consoles, or it may be on the sd card?

Original Poster

Thank you for these answers. There was only a small amount of battery left when I received the DS this morning and it has now died on me. I won't be able to buy a charger until tomorrow, so when the DS is charged again, I will try what has been suggested above. If I am still having problems with that wireless code, I will post on here again. Thank you.

Original Poster

I have now charged and set up the 3DS, however, I can't seem to find the pre-installed game - Fire Emblem Awakening - there seems to be a card inserted, but can anybody tell me how to find the game - it is not on the screen? Thank you.

Original Poster

praevalens

i think games are linked to accounts rather than consoles, or it may be … i think games are linked to accounts rather than consoles, or it may be on the sd card?

There is an SD card in the console, with NIBS written on it - this might stand for Nintendo Birmingham Store possibly (where it was bought from). The game 'Fire Emblem Awakening' is not showing up on the screen displays. I especially bought the boxed version as it said the game was included with the console - I don't particularly want to give my son the box now, as he's going to think that the game on the cover comes with it. Is there somewhere else to locate the game on the system - I looked at the eshop but it is for sale there for £39.99? Thank you.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I think I'm being scammed on Paypal?912
    2. Random messages from a Mod called CUZZY22
    3. Issue with a CV rewrite any help appreciated.1011
    4. Electricity22

See more discussions