Groups

3g mobile broadband

I have 3g mobile broadband but am rarely gonna use it now because my asus broke so - if i put the 3g simcard (with 3GB bandwidth a month) in a blackberry, providing i dont ring/text

and go over 3GB xfer

It will work won't it?

12 Comments

Original Poster

nobody knows?

Should be alright but I think the blackberrys are picky about the connection. So you may find that it won't work as it might be looking for a specific internet connection if you know what I mean. I could never get mine to work so I gave it away.

Better off getting a Nokia E61 and sticking it in that.

Original Poster

Benjimoron;3099669

Should be alright but I think the blackberrys are picky about the … Should be alright but I think the blackberrys are picky about the connection. So you may find that it won't work as it might be looking for a specific internet connection if you know what I mean. I could never get mine to work so I gave it away.Better off getting a Nokia E61 and sticking it in that.

It should work with an E61 though?

i don't see why it shouldn't work...as long as it has a data tariff, you should be fine.
    The blackberry requires GPRS in capitals on the screen for it to work with internet and email....hope that kinda makes sense!

birdyboyuk;3099706

i don't see why it shouldn't work...as long as it has a data tariff, you … i don't see why it shouldn't work...as long as it has a data tariff, you should be fine.The blackberry requires GPRS in capitals on the screen for it to work with internet and email....hope that kinda makes sense!

Yep, mine never went capitals though. Not sure exactly why but apparently you need a specific blackberry contract.

I'd get the Nokia E61, great phone, great for internet, quite cheap, works with "3" or wifi.

Original Poster

birdyboyuk;3099706

i don't see why it shouldn't work...as long as it has a data tariff, you … i don't see why it shouldn't work...as long as it has a data tariff, you should be fine.The blackberry requires GPRS in capitals on the screen for it to work with internet and email....hope that kinda makes sense!

Well the 3G sim works with GPRS too.

Just looking for a cheap type of blackberry I can use for email/msn.

t0mm;3099723

Well the 3G sim works with GPRS too.Just looking for a cheap type of … Well the 3G sim works with GPRS too.Just looking for a cheap type of blackberry I can use for email/msn.

Risky mate, mine wouldn't work. If you can get one to try and send it back then fine but don't rely on it working.

And the E61 would be quicker as it's 3g, not just gprs.

Original Poster

Benjimoron;3099721

Yep, mine never went capitals though. Not sure exactly why but apparently … Yep, mine never went capitals though. Not sure exactly why but apparently you need a specific blackberry contract.I'd get the Nokia E61, great phone, great for internet, quite cheap, works with "3" or wifi.

My 3G sim is Voda though, should work on unlocked?

t0mm;3099735

My 3G sim is Voda though, should work on unlocked?

Yeah, sorry though you were on 3.

Either get an unlocked one or a vodafone one.

Look to spend around £60 for a second hand one on ebay. Not many places to get them anymore as I don't think they do them now.

There are lost of similar phones but that's the only real decent one IMO for under £100.

Original Poster

Benjimoron;3099748

Look to spend around £60 for a second hand one on ebay. Not many places … Look to spend around £60 for a second hand one on ebay. Not many places to get them anymore as I don't think they do them now.There are lost of similar phones but that's the only real decent one IMO for under £100.

Ill keep an eye out for one, should get one in a week or two.

Rep for you guys :thumbsup:.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2971044
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread417114136
      3. Best advert ever to be seen.2022
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764572

See more discussions