Groups
    EXPIRED

3g mobile phone unlocked.

Hi All,

As an existing customer of '3' I have just been offered a deal to keep my current mobile phone on a 500 mins 100 texts tariff for the next 18 months.

I was told it would cost me nothing for the next 17 months and then £18 at month 18 so effectively costing me a £1 per month.

As this is not a cashback deal, it seems quite tempting despite the fact I never seem to have much of a signal (living in London).

Does anyone know the best place that I could buy a relativley decent - but does not have to be fancy, 3G phone to replace my ageing Sony Ericsson K608i?

Thanks

J

10 Comments

Depends what you are looking for from your phone!

One option would be to get a phone from ebay, you can pick a SimLocked phone to 3 (use the product finder column to the left) and you can choose from a load of options there?

Personaly I got an N73 from ebay locked to 3 mobile for £145 and it is awesome, however it is very much a gadget fans phone!

how did you get offered that deal? did you threaten to cancel? Im currently on a 12 month contract and was wondering how you went about getting such a good deal?

luvadealme

........Does anyone know the best place that I could buy a relativley … ........Does anyone know the best place that I could buy a relativley decent - but does not have to be fancy, 3G phone to replace my ageing Sony Ericsson K608i?

Check this 3G handset @ Argos for £29.99

Argos

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o175/hotukdeals/F866.jpg

Original Poster

I phoned up to ask for a PAC code, then a week later they phoned back to offer me this deal.

Thanks,

James

nice. when my 12 months is up i shall be ringing up to cancel. hope they offer me that deal!

luvadealme

I phoned up to ask for a PAC code, then a week later they phoned back to … I phoned up to ask for a PAC code, then a week later they phoned back to offer me this deal.Thanks,James

Yep, if you are getting to the end of your contract NEVER EVER just ask for a new contract! The mobile market is nearly saturated (i.e. everyone has a mobile) so the companies are trying hard to keep hold of you, so if you ask for a PAC code then they will litrally throw things at you to keep you!

Case in point im with O2 and I rang up to find out how much it would cost to get the orbit phone on my £25 month contract and they said it would be £50!
    After I requested the PAC code they offered me the phone for free, to double my mins and txts and to give me the international traveller service!! :-)

Didnt accept tho, id made up my mind to go to Three (no roaming charges in selected european countris that i go to) but the theory is sound!

edi

Check this 3G handset @ Argos for £29.99Argos

Note that as far as I know you have to get a 3 branded phone if you want to use planet 3 etc! (or you will have to update the firmware) so ebay may be a better option...

Just a suggestion

that is a very good deal....

better than mine, i rang up about ur offer but they said they can only give what comes up on the computer....

currently on a 12 months extension with 10 months free.... so £60 for the year with the same number of mins and texts as you....

Original Poster

I was going to try a sly one and see if I can get a cheap handset out of them as my one is on it's last legs, what do you reckon?

Do they offer you these deals hoping you will over use your texts/minutes?

Wednesday I phoned 3 as my contract expired next day and they had not rung me with any retention offers.
    1.Offered first an 18 month contract with a SE850i, with 9 months at £15 and 9 months at £30. Average £22.50 per month. Said no.
    2.Offered next a 12 month contract with a SE850i, 6 montha at £15 and 6 months at £30, plus credit of £17.63 immediately. This averaged at £21.03 a month. Said no.
    3.Then offered a 12 month contract with a SE610i, with 3 months at £15, and 9 months at £30, plus £141 immediate credit. Average £18.25. Said no.
    4. Finally offered renewal of contract for 12 months with NO handset. This suited me as my Nokia 6280 has a 2 year guarantee and is only a year old.
    The cost was 9 months at half price (£15) and the last 3 months at £30. Plus an immediate credit of £141, making in effect the following deal:
    Nothing to pay until month 10, then £25, £30 and £30 for the last 3 months. Average cost per month £7.08.

Deal done. Not as good as some have quoted, but I am happy.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Recommend a free reminder app1118
      2. parquet floor sanded10
      3. Canceling virgin media contract46
      4. I am hoping to sound you good people out about an idea...11

See more discussions