3rd order in a row amazon failed to deliver on time

Found 4th Dec 2017
Not entirely sure what's going on with amazon at the moment, but I'm getting a tad frustrated with their delivery service.

Two orders were a day late (I have prime). The other on Saturday was out for delivery in Dundee (I live in Aberdeen) So Amazon ended up asking the couriers to return it to their warehouse as it was from the pantry. So I never ended up receiving it.

Reordered that particular order and there's zero tracking information for it on my account, apart from... Parcel has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit. No information on where about it is, or has been. Its meant to be here by 8pm tonight...

Anyone else having issues?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
29 Comments

I've just reported 2 items that have never arrived, delivery date keeps changing. They are a nightmare to contact too due to offshore call centres

So you should now be getting the items free of a month of prime extra for each missed delivery.
Step 1 Ring to complain.
Should be offered a month extra prime free.
If not wait for the customer satisfaction email.
Step 2 click no in email.
Fill out survey and click send.
It then offers a call back.
Put in your number and it calls you and the people from ireland give you free item or a months prime.

Also the delivery from amazon is now Cr4p.

Original Poster

bigwheels4 m ago

So you should now be getting the items free of a month of prime extra for …So you should now be getting the items free of a month of prime extra for each missed delivery.Step 1 Ring to complain.Should be offered a month extra prime free.If not wait for the customer satisfaction email.Step 2 click no in email.Fill out survey and click send.It then offers a call back.Put in your number and it calls you and the people from ireland give you free item or a months prime.

Amazon gave me a free month of prime for one of the late deliveries last week. But if I'm honest, I'm put off using prime now. Don't want anymore free months. Just want my deliveries to arrive on time

Original Poster

sally716 m ago

I've just reported 2 items that have never arrived, delivery date keeps …I've just reported 2 items that have never arrived, delivery date keeps changing. They are a nightmare to contact too due to offshore call centres

I've found using their email service ok, if you don't mind waiting a few hours for a response.

Not all deliveries are next day on prime anymore.

Amazon logistics and warehousing staff are payed peanuts and absolutely rammed this time of year as Amazon insist on using their own inconsistent and inadequate delivery network.

bigwheels17 m ago

So you should now be getting the items free of a month of prime extra for …So you should now be getting the items free of a month of prime extra for each missed delivery.Step 1 Ring to complain.Should be offered a month extra prime free.If not wait for the customer satisfaction email.Step 2 click no in email.Fill out survey and click send.It then offers a call back.Put in your number and it calls you and the people from ireland give you free item or a months prime.

exactly!

Original Poster

So Dublin have just called me and they think that my order never even made it on to their van in the warehouse . As there's zero tracking information. She's going to call me back in an hour after she figures out what she can do as reordering the items failed when she tried. What a farce.
Edited by: "LittleBunny" 4th Dec 2017

Original Poster

catbeans13 m ago

Not all deliveries are next day on prime anymore. Amazon logistics and …Not all deliveries are next day on prime anymore. Amazon logistics and warehousing staff are payed peanuts and absolutely rammed this time of year as Amazon insist on using their own inconsistent and inadequate delivery network.

It's sad to hear that their staff are under so much pressure and paid so little.

I've had two Amazon deliveries arrive very late on the day their system said it was going to be delivered, one at 7pm and one at 9.30pm (was about to submit a late delivery claim for free prime before the item was suddenly delivered). Amazon for me usually deliver to my house early at around 11am, so I find it strange that the delivery timings for me have shifted.

Had issues for a few weeks quite a few lates and had free months off them. Friday I was decorating ordered some new super rollers and finished work early and made a start on the cutting in, all thinking that my order was on its way. At 6pm got an email to say it wasn’t coming would be delivered the next day. When I finished for the day I checked and the order could come actually up to tomorrow so I sent them an email and told them what I thought of them and not to send me the scripted reply and not to offer an extra month. Got a reply with £15 of gift cards and extra month anyway. It was also the first time the email wasn’t fully scripted. Hopeless if it wasn’t for the fact we were on a student account I would have cancelled a while ago.

If you need anything for Christmas you better make sure it’s ordered early.

Complained and got £10 compy

Ordered a game for launch day delivery. Halfway through the day I get an email to say it's going to be despatch in a week late. Bought the game else where. Wouldn't let me cancel as it's 'too late' even though I'm waiting a week for it. So now when it does arrive I'm going to have tell the driver ok refusing it and to send it back (the best advice the amazon rep could give me) -then wait for it to be refunded. Nightmare for the last 8 weeks or so

Had one that went missing for a week and a half. Finally changed to 'customer refused delivery' yesterday and they had never attempted. It's being re-sent... With no indication of when it might be dispatched.

Many orders over a month late now. Finding them exhausting. Looking forward to having an Amazon holiday in the new year.

Tired of seeing this:

"Packages are rarely this late and we're sorry yours still hasn't arrived

You can wait another couple days or check out these options."

When you try to do anything, they tell you to wait another week. Then it changes to 'your parcel is lost'.

I've had no free prime out of this. Just getting them to resend the items has been tough enough.
Edited by: "MSK." 4th Dec 2017

Original Poster

So definitely not just me then that's having a bit of a nightmare

The lady from Dublin called me back and everything has been reordered and will arrive on Wednesday (she says)

Hope we all manage to get some better luck with our orders

First time I have ever tried prime when I signed up last week. Two deliveries ordered and both arrived a day late.

Ran out of things to watch on amazon prime by the end of the weekend. Terrible selection

I certainly will not be renewing but the mind boggles that people actually pay £59 a year for this 'service'

LittleBunny28 m ago

So definitely not just me then that's having a bit of a nightmare …So definitely not just me then that's having a bit of a nightmare (skeptical)The lady from Dublin called me back and everything has been reordered and will arrive on Wednesday (she says)Hope we all manage to get some better luck with our orders

Fingers crossed for you I won't hold me breathe for mine. Just been given another indefinite delivery date.

chocci6 m ago

First time I have ever tried prime when I signed up last week. Two …First time I have ever tried prime when I signed up last week. Two deliveries ordered and both arrived a day late.Ran out of things to watch on amazon prime by the end of the weekend. Terrible selection I certainly will not be renewing but the mind boggles that people actually pay £59 a year for this 'service'

Do you like pirates? If so burn through Black Sails then you've done in all Prime video has to offer, IMO

Original Poster

chocci11 m ago

First time I have ever tried prime when I signed up last week. Two …First time I have ever tried prime when I signed up last week. Two deliveries ordered and both arrived a day late.Ran out of things to watch on amazon prime by the end of the weekend. Terrible selection I certainly will not be renewing but the mind boggles that people actually pay £59 a year for this 'service'

Prime video that bad huh? Ive not had a chance to have a browse yet. Probably best I don't waste my time

Original Poster

MSK.6 m ago

Fingers crossed for you I won't hold me breathe for mine. Just been …Fingers crossed for you I won't hold me breathe for mine. Just been given another indefinite delivery date.Do you like pirates? If so burn through Black Sails then you've done in all Prime video has to offer, IMO

Thanks Fingers crossed you receive your deliveries asap. Its very frustrating waiting around.

Bandicoot6 h, 50 m ago

Complained and got £10 compy

Same thing happened to me.. I ordered a tv for my dad and it didn’t come next day so I emailed them to ‘complain’ and they gave me £20 for the inconvenience tv came day after and I got a PS4 game out of it.. happy days

chocci4 h, 59 m ago

I thought it was £80 a year normally? I’ve never paid more than £40 a year and I think it’s great value at that price but I’m not sure I’d pay any more..

LittleBunny11 h, 29 m ago

Prime video that bad huh? Ive not had a chance to have a browse yet. …Prime video that bad huh? Ive not had a chance to have a browse yet. Probably best I don't waste my time

It makes netflix seem amazing (which it isn't). Navigation is horrendous and if you do stumble across anything worth watching, you have to pay extra most of the time
Edited by: "chocci" 5th Dec 2017

Amazon have been using a lot of men with a van couriers in the last month and none of them know the area. Had 5 or 6 so far that haven’t delivered on the predicted day. Spent around 6 hours total on live chat or phone calls to try to sort it out.

Doesn’t help that Amazon delivery system seems to look at company name and disregards all other address details. It then looks up where that company is on their system and delivers there instead. Our company moved 2.5 yrs ago and parcels are going to the old address based on company name alone

Also had a camera ‘delivered’ and marked handed to resident at my home address. This never materialised and no signature gained... Ended up with a refund but it still needed 48 hrs to investigate first.

Original Poster

chocci1 h, 24 m ago

It makes netflix seem amazing (which it isn't). Navigation is horrendous …It makes netflix seem amazing (which it isn't). Navigation is horrendous and if you do stumble across anything worth watching, you have to pay extra most of the time

I can't imagine anyone taking out prime just for the video feature then. Netflix is awful. I changed to Now a few months back.

Original Poster

NinjaBaz44 m ago

Amazon have been using a lot of men with a van couriers in the last month …Amazon have been using a lot of men with a van couriers in the last month and none of them know the area. Had 5 or 6 so far that haven’t delivered on the predicted day. Spent around 6 hours total on live chat or phone calls to try to sort it out.Doesn’t help that Amazon delivery system seems to look at company name and disregards all other address details. It then looks up where that company is on their system and delivers there instead. Our company moved 2.5 yrs ago and parcels are going to the old address based on company name alone Also had a camera ‘delivered’ and marked handed to resident at my home address. This never materialised and no signature gained... Ended up with a refund but it still needed 48 hrs to investigate first.

That must be really frustrating for you! Is there no feature on amazon that can allow you to put a note on to alert the driver to deliver to the new company address? (I'm sure you've probably already done that)

Original Poster

My pantry order that failed to get delivered to me in Aberdeen on Saturday ended up in Dundee , then was reordered to come here for Monday and never made it onto their van, so again reordered to come today..... Is now out for delivery in Dundee!

You have to laugh.

Terrible service just lately for the £79 but I'm guessing the time of the year doesn't help, turns up eventually. Won't be renewing, my deliveries turn up around 7pm which is not ideal.

Original Poster

mxer45035 m ago

Terrible service just lately for the £79 but I'm guessing the time of the …Terrible service just lately for the £79 but I'm guessing the time of the year doesn't help, turns up eventually. Won't be renewing, my deliveries turn up around 7pm which is not ideal.

I agree. I wont be renewing prime either. Unfortunately, the only way my order will turn up eventually is if I drive down to Dundee and stop their delivery van

If my order doesn't turn up in Aberdeen tonight. I'l Cancel my order and ask for a refund. Still got two more orders to receive yet this week, but once/if I get them, I'm no longer using Amazon. How they can get the same order to the wrong city twice in a row, is beyond me.

chocci4th Dec

£79 not £59 buddy, they didn't offer the £59 price this black Friday
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions