Groups

3/Three wifi text and calls information needed please

Hey all.

I'm just looking at switching to one of the providers that offer wifi text and calls as we're in a bit of a mobile dead-spot. 3/Three have such an option but can anyone tell me if it works with pay-as-you-go and sim-with-credit plans please. Here's a link to the products I'm looking at for info; three.co.uk/Sto…_Go

Thanks

10 Comments

Yes it will, depending on the phone you put the sim into

iPhone wifi calling mode
    you can also get signal boosters on line

Original Poster

niknakety

Yes it will, depending on the phone you put the sim into

Thanks for your answer. All our phones are unlocked - is that the only criteria or do you know if there's a list of phones that are compatible with the service?

Original Poster

sunilm

iPhone wifi calling modeyou can also get signal boosters on line

Thanks for your response. This would be my first option but they are too expensive - I've just done a quick search and they're coming up as around £150.

RobertM021530 m ago

Thanks for your answer. All our phones are unlocked - is that the only …Thanks for your answer. All our phones are unlocked - is that the only criteria or do you know if there's a list of phones that are compatible with the service?

Just check your phone can download the app - "ThreeinTouch" I have it on a Moto G2 (on a 3 contract) - only need to use it when I'm at my mother's. I've found on occasions that I miss noticing a message as the app runs in parallel to the standard messaging system and if you're on the borderline of having a signal or not then some texts come through the standard system and some through the app. Other than that it works well.

Original Poster

Van1973

Just check your phone can download the app - "ThreeinTouch" I have it on … Just check your phone can download the app - "ThreeinTouch" I have it on a Moto G2 (on a 3 contract) - only need to use it when I'm at my mother's. I've found on occasions that I miss noticing a message as the app runs in parallel to the standard messaging system and if you're on the borderline of having a signal or not then some texts come through the standard system and some through the app. Other than that it works well.

That's really helpful. Thank you. Is your phoned locked to the 3 network? If it's just android and unlocked then that's the same as our phones. Not sure which phone we'll start with but it's probably going to be a Samsung S6 and/or Moto G3.

It's unlocked. Bought it from Tesco - was never a 3 phone.

If a G2 works I'm sure a G3 will!

3 payg credit doesnt last long, payg on 3 is a farce, you may as well get a better pay monthly deal elsewhere.

foes4you8 h, 52 m ago

3 payg credit doesnt last long, payg on 3 is a farce, you may as well get …3 payg credit doesnt last long, payg on 3 is a farce, you may as well get a better pay monthly deal elsewhere.

Alternatively go for a three, sim only deal on a monthly basis. You can increase or decrease or cancel your plan each month depending on your usage and requirements. They have some good sim only deals and there have been some great deals here on hukd for three too.
    For example

hotukdeals.com/dea…037
    Edited by: "mrty" 18th Jul

Have you ever thought of these wifi names
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. which drill bit set for bosch cordless drill ixo range? hex?11
      2. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private44
      3. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027

See more discussions