£4 TESCO Click and collect?????

Found 18th Dec 2017
anyone else notice this? no other market does it

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
18 Comments

Yeah I wanted to order a lynx set last week. I’m not paying to use my petrol to pick it up, and a ‘picking fee’. I’ll pay more elsewhere that deliver! Won’t be using them again.
Edited by: "choccie32" 18th Dec 2017

Oh no I always click and collect maybe it’s time I shop else where

i had to pay a £1 pick and pack fee at asda last month but they seem to have stopped charging again

Believe it or not they are costs involved within logistics and transportation...

SkatePalace13 m ago

Believe it or not they are costs involved within logistics and …Believe it or not they are costs involved within logistics and transportation...

There are logistics and transportation costs for the buyer too, £4 + petrol + time = probably cheaper to buy elsewhere and pay for postage. Click and collect usually incorporates this understanding and the cost is rightfully shared.
Edited by: "zhris" 18th Dec 2017

Really ?
Did a click and collect item this morning and wasn't charged a fee
I know it was free then they started charging £2 ? Then went back to free again
Just checked my bank and no extra charges

*cough* sports direct

Bradleigh6 m ago

Really ?Did a click and collect item this morning and wasn't charged a …Really ?Did a click and collect item this morning and wasn't charged a feeI know it was free then they started charging £2 ? Then went back to free againJust checked my bank and no extra charges

They went back to free on direct because they lost lots of trade. Wish JL would follow on that, frigging £3 charge if you spend less than £30 for C&C with them. Tesci charge for collecting groceries.

My local sainsbury's also charge for click and collect under £40 on groceries and £20 in clothing. I think rumours ASDA following too soon. Think their rationale is that when it's free, il some people don't collect and end up more time for store to put food back on the shelves.
Edited by: "Mary_Mary" 18th Dec 2017

I can understand a charge for anything under a minimum spend. The pickers do need paying, and how much profit on a Lynx set (for example - not picking on anyone) ? If they didn't do this (the alternative is an enforced minimum spend) they would be inundated with silly orders of a loaf of bread, packet of tea bags, box of aspirin, point of milk etc. Got to be reasonable.
Edited by: "mrty" 19th Dec 2017

murtgurge8 h, 10 m ago

*cough* sports direct

Exactly! £4.99 Click and Collect 😳 (which is the same price as delivery to your home).

But with sports direct you get a £5 voucher to spend instore , my Tesco order from tescos was under £8 and no charge ?

Original Poster

Bradleigh4 h, 23 m ago

But with sports direct you get a £5 voucher to spend instore , my Tesco …But with sports direct you get a £5 voucher to spend instore , my Tesco order from tescos was under £8 and no charge ?

So u didn't have that message of "£4 minimum charge for orders under £40" might want to check that again

machomansavage5 h, 0 m ago

So u didn't have that message of "£4 minimum charge for orders under £40" m …So u didn't have that message of "£4 minimum charge for orders under £40" might want to check that again

Nope
Just checked and no charge
I'll upload pic later as has contact number on

I ordered snowman at d
Tesco for click n collect this am and it stated free click n collect

32826237-fHzUj.jpg
Collected today freeeeeeee

Original Poster

Bradleigh2 h, 15 m ago

NopeJust checked and no chargeI'll upload pic later as has contact number …NopeJust checked and no chargeI'll upload pic later as has contact number on

You on Tesco direct or Tesco groceries? For some reason it's on Tesco groceries this product

machomansavage1 h, 23 m ago

You on Tesco direct or Tesco groceries? For some reason it's on Tesco …You on Tesco direct or Tesco groceries? For some reason it's on Tesco groceries this product

Tesco direct click and collect

Original Poster

Bradleigh15 h, 1 m ago

[Image] Collected today freeeeeeee

Its just the tesco groceries site that charges click and collect. Your orders a Tesco direct order isit??
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions