Groups
    EXPIRED

40" or 42" LED with 4 HDMI ports

Hi,

My 42" panasonic plasma has just broken and I have been quoted £200 to replace the circuit board, i have had the tv for 2 years, and think this could be a good time to replace the unit.

I am looking for a 40" or 42" led with 4 hdmi ports (360,ps3,virgin and blu-ray player).
    I have seen a Toshiba led 40" for around £500 which is around my price bracket, anyone know of any good deals or best led's for this money at the moment, I am tempted to wait till boxing day and then buy in the sales so I want to search now to make sure I get the best for me money

thanks in advance for any advise/suggestions given

8 Comments

Sharp AQUOS LC40LU700 £450, LG 42LE4500/5300 £500 at Richersounds

Banned

dont get me wrong but why do you have a blu ray player when you already have a ps3

Or it would be well worth contacting the retailer and trying to claim against them under the 'Sale Of Goods Act' (SOGA)

Well worth a couple of phone calls, mails, letters..........

Original Poster

safx41

dont get me wrong but why do you have a blu ray player when you already … dont get me wrong but why do you have a blu ray player when you already have a ps3

I have already broken 1 ps3, so i use a blu ray player for films.

Original Poster

a666andy

Or it would be well worth contacting the retailer and trying to claim … Or it would be well worth contacting the retailer and trying to claim against them under the 'Sale Of Goods Act' (SOGA)Well worth a couple of phone calls, mails, letters..........

why would I do this, I am not sure what you mean.

I was thinking of trying to claim the tv against household insurance, as a power cut happened tv went off and never worked again

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Sharp AQUOS LC40LU700 £450, LG 42LE4500/5300 £500 at Richersounds

I saw a sharp a while back in makro and the picture looked really good, I will have to check out these options thanks.

a666andy

Or it would be well worth contacting the retailer and trying to claim … Or it would be well worth contacting the retailer and trying to claim against them under the 'Sale Of Goods Act' (SOGA)Well worth a couple of phone calls, mails, letters..........

Because under the SOGA items should be fit for purpose and last a reasonable amount of time. For a premium brand electronics item you would reasonably expect it to last 6years+... Yours has failed in 2 years which is unreasonable...... Under the SOGA you could be entitled to a full repair / replacement or pro rata refund........

EDIT - although reading the new bit about the power cut and then the tv never working again it would be reasonable to imagine that the power surge / cut / spike fried the tv and so it would not be likely the SOGA would cover this......
    Edited by: "a666andy" 27th Nov 2010

Original Poster

looke dup the deals and looks like the lg will be the one for me,

thanks for the input.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help O2 wont repair my sony experia xz44
      2. Virgin Media - what is a good price?612
      3. Need Bright Red Exterior Paint. HELP!!33
      4. Do you turn clothes inside out before washing?1827