EXPIRED

40" or larger lcd or plasma television for around £650 or less

I'm looking for a decent 1080p lcd or plasma television for around £650 or less and would like to know peoples recommendations. I'm a huge fan of the design of the LG Scarlet series along with the Samsung 6 series, but I hear that Sony and Panasonic offer better quality, both design and quality are of large importance, so can you please keep these in mind when making recommendations. I will give rep to any one give recommends a TV around the price range and explain why or gives some sort of back-up as to why, thanks!!!

7 Comments

I doubt u will be able to find a good one (looking at u being a fan of samsung series 6) to get anything for that price. Cheapest Samsung series 6 u can get will be around 699 mark.

Personally i would go for Samsung LE40A656/686 as it offers 100Hz which in Sony will be the 4500 model and above 850

Here's something with style and a smidgin of quality too for £639 incl del and they throw in an HDMI cable too digital-point.co.uk/mod…093

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41seqh4DJgL._SS400_.jpg

Original Poster

andythebrave;4431807

Here's something with style and a smidgin of quality too for £639 incl … Here's something with style and a smidgin of quality too for £639 incl del and they throw in an HDMI cable too http://www.digital-point.co.uk/model.php?ID=4093

TV looks great, but is the retailler reliable??

If you're worried then it is also available from Amazon (although delivery is estimated at 1 to 2 months!) for £649.99 amazon.co.uk/exe…-21 although I do know that Electro Centre (aka digital point) have been around since either the late 70s or early 80s.

Hi, I got a Samsung 50" from John Lewis, 5 years warranty, and free delivery £699.00. Dont know if same deal on, but I sore at John Lewis same TV £599.00. PS50A457. The other good thing was, to go with it we got a Toshiba DVD with built in 160 gb hard drive, RD88 mopdel I think. Wife thinks its so easy to record and copy soaps and film.

Good luck

Original Poster

mike07071964;4432515

Hi, I got a Samsung 50" from John Lewis, 5 years warranty, and free … Hi, I got a Samsung 50" from John Lewis, 5 years warranty, and free delivery £699.00. Dont know if same deal on, but I sore at John Lewis same TV £599.00. PS50A457. The other good thing was, to go with it we got a Toshiba DVD with built in 160 gb hard drive, RD88 mopdel I think. Wife thinks its so easy to record and copy soaps and film.Good luck

thanks, but that TV supposedly isn't 1080p

just to let u know that i finally got a series 6 samsung 40 inch.

quality is superb, though voice aint that great.. but add in a home cinema system and u got everything u need.

i got it price matched at John Lewis against Robert Wythe for £720.00
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. American Road Trip11
    2. Iptv810
    3. Parcel2go - missing parcel to italy33
    4. Random messages from a Mod called CUZZY33

See more discussions