Expired

40" Tv Around £600-£800

Found 3rd Jun 2007
As the title says im after a tv either lcd or plasma not sure whats best wanting to pay around £600 to £800 any ideas thanks

1. Ask
  2. TV
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. TV
12 Comments

Seen a nice 42" in aldi today £699 3 year warranty.looked very nice

can't vouch for its suitability but it's here
aldi-stores.co.uk/ima…pdf

on the plus side it does have a freeview tuner, 3 year warranty, two hdmi ports, wall bracket, an hdmi cable and is 1080i

more info here re warranty and specs etc
hotukdeals.com/for…168

The Aldi one looks good value.
My local store seems to have sold only one upto 11.30 this morning.There were 9 left in store which surprised me as these sort of items seem to go quickly with punters waiting for the shop to open.

I've heard a lot of bad stuff about Tevion and apparently the 3 year warranty is a load of poop too. People have had trouble returning sets + stuff

Would you go for 37" instead? You can get very god 37" sets for £800

amazon.co.uk/exe…sim

The WLT68 is one of the finest LCDs around, easily in the all time top 5! Amazon seem to be selling them cheap at the moment too
Take a look at some reviews, might tempt you to drop 3 inches

EDIT: This post pretty much summarises why i wouldn't touch Tevion with a barge pole: avforums.com/for…904

i dont recommend plasma. but the one in aldi is cheap and if you are going to get a plasma you need one with a long warranty and i recommend this as you get 3 years!!!!!!!

i would strongly recommend panasonic 42PX70 (one of the best plasmas around). if you buy from any panasonic dealer you get 5 year warranty (offer ends june 07). it may costs you £825-£850, but well worth!

ALICOM007

i dont recommend plasma. but the one in aldi is cheap and if you are … i dont recommend plasma. but the one in aldi is cheap and if you are going to get a plasma you need one with a long warranty and i recommend this as you get 3 years!!!!!!!

But the Aldi one is an LCD, not a plasma.. ;-)

If its not a Sony Bravia, it would have to be a Samsung all the way for me!

I certainly would stay clear of Aldi!

suniil

i would strongly recommend panasonic 42PX70 (one of the best plasmas … i would strongly recommend panasonic 42PX70 (one of the best plasmas around). if you buy from any panasonic dealer you get 5 year warranty (offer ends june 07). it may costs you £825-£850, but well worth!

Agreed, plasma rocks :thumbsup:

Original Poster

I have seen this is it any good. Thanks to all for helping me
247electrical.co.uk/epa…KOO[/EMAIL]

i bought a 40 inch hdtv tevion from aldi in sept last year and had a problem with it. i rang them and 2 days later they came out and repaired it. they have a swap guarantee so if yours cant be repaired they exchange it for another one. the guy had another one in his van incase he could not repair mine .so i would go for aldi one myself. i actually work for one of aldi`s competitors yet i would recommend aldi for electrical stuff because it all comes with 3 years guarantee.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best 4k tv's for gaming11
    2. Christmas presents510
    3. Mobile phone advice33
    4. Anyone know of any budget laptops which charge through USB-C?55

See more discussions