Groups

4000 messages in my inbox.. how to delete?

How do I delete all of these in my hotmail?

14 Comments

a page at a time, have fun :thumbsup:

I have 13000! :w00t:

Original Poster

richp;8101035

a page at a time, have fun :thumbsup:

121 pages :w00t: is there not a way to do it in one go?

Set aside an hour.

* Click the checkbox in the column heading, above all the individual messages' checkboxes to select all messages.
    * Browse the folder for messages you want to keep and make sure their checkboxes are not selected.
    * Click Delete.

Wait....still looking

as far as im aware ,no ! (but im open to suggestions as well) you can delete them all in one go from the trash folder, but you have to move them to the folder 1st , one page at a time !!!

deek72;8101063

* Click the checkbox in the column heading, above all the individual … * Click the checkbox in the column heading, above all the individual messages' checkboxes to select all messages. * Browse the folder for messages you want to keep and make sure their checkboxes are not selected. * Click Delete.Wait....still looking

This ^^^ a page at a time.

Original Poster

hunchback;8101059

Set aside an hour.

chesso;8101168

This ^^^ a page at a time.

oh dear :thinking:
    okay.. thanks guys

you could link it to outlook and delete all from there. Would take a few minutes

googlemail ftw

I use mine for freecycle, i get 100's emails & if i leave it for a while, i have to spend ages deleteing them a page at a time :thinking:

Original Poster

bazzaric;8101229

you could link it to outlook and delete all from there. Would take a few … you could link it to outlook and delete all from there. Would take a few minutes

i tried this but outlook started syncing all 4000 messages which was taking too long so i cancelled.
    thanks for the suggestion though

Use windows live mail , it justs dloads the headers then highlight all and hit delete, happy days.

download.live.com/wlmail

I've got the same problem but mine is around 6000 :w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio710
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764220
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1625
      4. What do these 2 men have in common1219

See more discussions