40th birthday ideas

Posted 23rd Aug
Hi all, it's my wife's 40th birthday in October and I was looking for some ideas for something a bit different. I was originally planning a typical surprise party somewhere but with coronovirus and the uncertainty of things at the moment I've decided against it. I was thinking of maybe booking a large property for a couple of nights with room for friends and family. I'm based in the North east so would prefer somewhere not too far.
Is it possible to book properties and hire private chefs to come over? Or does anyone know any good hotels with resturants. I'm open to any ideas.
Thank you in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
What about a nice lodge? Few nights with a hot tub etc
Cbear8123/08/2020 17:33

What about a nice lodge? Few nights with a hot tub etc

Hi, yes that sounds like a good idea. I would probably need accommodation for at least 8 adults and 6 children though
mart32123/08/2020 17:41

Hi, yes that sounds like a good idea. I would probably need accommodation …Hi, yes that sounds like a good idea. I would probably need accommodation for at least 8 adults and 6 children though

I’m sure there would be lodges in northeast near you though I think! That would maybe cater for that . Where are you based.
airbnb.co.uk/roo…VuC

Has rooms In October, hot tub and space for 14 people like you need.
Kratos6923/08/2020 17:54

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/24040801?location=North%20East%2C%20England%2C%20UK&adults=8&children=6&check_in=2020-10-16&check_out=2020-10-18&source_impression_id=p3_1598201434_1PqEQ9YSJFihnVuCHas rooms In October, hot tub and space for 14 people like you need.

This looks fantastic. I find airbnb a pain. I searched through October for somewhere like this and this property doesn't appear in my search results. Not sure why
mart32123/08/2020 18:16

This looks fantastic. I find airbnb a pain. I searched through October for …This looks fantastic. I find airbnb a pain. I searched through October for somewhere like this and this property doesn't appear in my search results. Not sure why

I’ve used them a couple of times, just make sure the host has a good rating. I put as a filter for North east England and min beds 5. There is also a castle on there too but October availability was not great.
Edited by: "Kratos69" 23rd Aug
Some of the weeks in October are half term, many places are either very expensive or sold out. Good luck
Edited by: "eslick" 23rd Aug
Post a comment
@
    Text