Groups

40th birthday ideas wanted!

Its my best friends 40th this year, and I want to come up with a unique idea for a present for her. Shes done some fabulous things for me, including planning to shave her hair off in a month, in aid of my disabled son, so I want to make it special.
    I've thought of an idea of '40 envelopes' with a different thing in each. Nothing expensive as it could add up, just things like a magazine in one, couple of chocolate bars in another, maybe cinema tickets, or something.
    Any ideas welcomed, even if its something completely different! I've got till august so time to plan it. nothing too big as we're on holiday on her birthday!
    thanks in advance!

5 Comments

Original Poster

and on the same lines, is there a website that lists every song at number one on your birthday? i'm using thisdayinmusic.com at the moment, and its irritating having to do each song one by one!

everyhit.com

Re: Gifts. How about a newspaper from the day she was born (contact your local press), or a front sheet of a newspaper whith an article all about he 40th and what she means to you (someone on here will know where to do it).
    Edited by: "Disco" 14th Apr 2011

I did my friend a photo album too of all old pics etc from 0-40 in and wrote personal things in and she loved it
    You could do an album of your friendship we she would love also

themummysclub

I did my friend a photo album too of all old pics etc from 0-40 in and … I did my friend a photo album too of all old pics etc from 0-40 in and wrote personal things in and she loved it You could do an album of your friendship we she would love also

thats a great ideas imo

Original Poster

all great ideas! A local newspaper wouldn't work as we live in different areas, and I'm not 100% certain where she was born, not sure if you can get national ones like that?
    I like the idea of the photo album, I did a dvd slideshow of photos of her family not long ago, I might expand on that and make her a mini film
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate56
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions