40x60cm pillowcases

Found 5th Apr
one for the ladies I bet lol!

ive a few small pillows on my bed for extra for tv, reading etc but can only find white cotton covers, cotton yes but white no!
anyone know where ?
thanks
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I just put 60x40 pillow case in both EBay and Amazon and they had some. Amazon seem to market them as baby/toddler pillows.
Edited by: "postmang" 5th Apr
postmang32 m ago

I just put 60x40 pillow case in both EBay and Amazon and they had some. …I just put 60x40 pillow case in both EBay and Amazon and they had some. Amazon seem to market them as baby/toddler pillows.

Sorry I meant like high st kinda shops lol should have said!
Simple to make if you know how to sew?!
seaniboy11 h, 12 m ago

Sorry I meant like high st kinda shops lol should have said!

Maybe try Mothercare, Boots or Tesco
sicklysweet23 h, 37 m ago

Simple to make if you know how to sew?!

Yeah I’ve got a cheap Vida machine for basics, what measurements would you say given it’s not flat ?
seaniboy25 m ago

Yeah I’ve got a cheap Vida machine for basics, what measurements would you …Yeah I’ve got a cheap Vida machine for basics, what measurements would you say given it’s not flat ?

Brilliant.

Measure the cusions using a ‘soft’ tape measure (or try with a builders ‘solid’ one) from seam to seam.

Add 5 cms to both the length and width measurements to allow for seam allowances but you’ll also want extra for the turnover on the pillowcase (see link below).

Honestly it is VERY easy to make the covers yourself with a sewing machine. I’ll try and find a link so you have photos to follow.

Even if you can’t sew in a proper straight line it doesn’t matter as the cushion bulk will forgive that entirely.

Just do the flap so the cushion doesn’t fall out and you’re sorted.

Tip: if you have a spare sheet or duvet that’s marked etc, you can cut that up. Or buy a sheet in the right colour and cut it up for the cover. so many colour options that way.
Edited by: "sicklysweet" 6th Apr
I am happy to help give advice.

This is a good link though wereinstitches.co.uk/mak…se/

Honestly it’s really easy and means you can get exactly what you want.

PM me if you need any help.
sicklysweet15 m ago

I am happy to help give advice. This is a good link though …I am happy to help give advice. This is a good link though https://wereinstitches.co.uk/make-a-pillowcase/Honestly it’s really easy and means you can get exactly what you want. PM me if you need any help.

Ah brilliant thanks for all the advice, I’ll buy patterned fabric of sorts I’ve only got the best fabric quality sheeting I’m not cutting that up as expensive, I actually bought the machine to make a fleece throws into a fitted sheets (still to do) for the comfort aspect and make curtain pelmets as I begrudge the price for ready to go or made to measure for decent quality stuff, this is my new money saving venture, sewing LOL who’d have thought!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants