41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!

Found 24th Aug 2017
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Error4403 m ago

Rubbish

thanks for your convincing counter data
I go out for a 2 hour walk most days
summerof762 h, 27 m ago

but is it a brisk walk?
31778445-Iyx4Z.jpg
shabbird4 m ago

but is it a brisk walk? [Image]

It's certainly a refreshing one...
57 Comments
Rubbish
Error4403 m ago

Rubbish

thanks for your convincing counter data
I didn't see what they based their estimate on?
Error44019 m ago

Rubbish

if you went out for a walk, brisk of course, you could make some observations, amass some data, and report back your findings

My findings, from casual observation, is that it's probably true. Dawdlers on the pavement, leaners on supermarket trolleys are out there in their masses.
I wonder what conclusions would be arrived at if a similar survey was done on those in the 30s and younger? Dawdlers with their necks stooped looking at their (fused to the palms of their hands) mobile phones.
Predikuesi7 m ago

I wonder what conclusions would be arrived at if a similar survey was done …I wonder what conclusions would be arrived at if a similar survey was done on those in the 30s and younger? Dawdlers with their necks stooped looking at their (fused to the palms of their hands) mobile phones.

Well from what the link said activity drops off at 40 so I assume that means younger people walk more.
qbs49 m ago

if you went out for a walk, brisk of course, you could make some …if you went out for a walk, brisk of course, you could make some observations, amass some data, and report back your findingsMy findings, from casual observation, is that it's probably true. Dawdlers on the pavement, leaners on supermarket trolleys are out there in their masses.

I was walking about for 7 hours yesterday plenty of people of all ages. I don't believe it a month is like 30 days ish give or take the month, come on ten mins.

What is brisk anyway and what about other factors, my mum goes out walking to the shops most days but shes in her 70s so not brisk however she carries loads of shopping home doesn't that account for something?

She also does line dancing, did thy ask about things like that, something is going on as theres loads of gyms around.

Take a leaf out of China's books they don't do anything until they hit about 60, they don't do gyms or anything most of them don't even do anything with the kids. The grandparents look after the kids and the parks are full of OAPs doing Tai Chi and stuff.

They ain't all fat because they don't eat crap and they work all day, I don't mean for a wage i mean in general, they hand wash clothing and hang them on the washing line still mainly, they cook, they wash dishes etc all these little things that people here dont do and dont notice they don't do anymore, with the washer dryers, dish washers, microwaves etc.

Just saying.
Yeah...the estimate may be 41% accurate?
Fake news
Error44029 m ago

I was walking about for 7 hours yesterday plenty of people of all ages. I …I was walking about for 7 hours yesterday plenty of people of all ages. I don't believe it a month is like 30 days ish give or take the month, come on ten mins. What is brisk anyway and what about other factors, my mum goes out walking to the shops most days but shes in her 70s so not brisk however she carries loads of shopping home doesn't that account for something?She also does line dancing, did thy ask about things like that, something is going on as theres loads of gyms around.Take a leaf out of China's books they don't do anything until they hit about 60, they don't do gyms or anything most of them don't even do anything with the kids. The grandparents look after the kids and the parks are full of OAPs doing Tai Chi and stuff.They ain't all fat because they don't eat crap and they work all day, I don't mean for a wage i mean in general, they hand wash clothing and hang them on the washing line still mainly, they cook, they wash dishes etc all these little things that people here dont do and dont notice they don't do anymore, with the washer dryers, dish washers, microwaves etc.Just saying.

Not saying I agree with the estimate since I don't see what they are basing it on but statistically what you see around town is almost meaningless.
Original Poster
I'm not saying the result is that accurate either, but even a 10% (instead of 41%) figure would still be alarming
summerof761 h, 22 m ago

Late at night around all the street corners?
airfix9 m ago

Late at night around all the street corners?

I was thinking that but even my nice comments go to moderation.
summerof761 h, 37 m ago

I didn't think you had time for that sumsum, you're always so busy
Error4401 h, 19 m ago

I was walking about for 7 hours yesterday

It's your own fault. I told you to come on the train and I would put a couple of quid towards it.
deeky2 m ago

It's your own fault. I told you to come on the train and I would put a …It's your own fault. I told you to come on the train and I would put a couple of quid towards it.

I assumed she meant sleep walking, or she is a postie. How else would you have time for 7 hours of walking around.
CoeK23 m ago

I assumed she meant sleep walking, or she is a postie. How else would you …I assumed she meant sleep walking, or she is a postie. How else would you have time for 7 hours of walking around.

I have plenty of time, we went to 3 parks\playgrounds and walked about 5 miles
Error4404 m ago

I have plenty of time, we went to 3 parks\playgrounds and walked about 5 …I have plenty of time, we went to 3 parks\playgrounds and walked about 5 miles

Pretty low average speed then.
CoeK1 m ago

Pretty low average speed then.

Many pit stops in playgrounds
Standing around isn't the same as walking around. Next there will have been benches and it becomes sitting around.
Error4405 m ago

Many pit stops in playgrounds

so you weren't walking for 7 hours and if at the playgrounds how briskly are you walking if accompanied by kids!?
how do you think people you see walking when you are walking are relevant or representative? how many people indoors do you see when you are outside?
it STILL isn't all about you
YOU are not 100% of people
Edited by: "brilly" 24th Aug 2017
brilly3 m ago

so you weren't walking for 7 hours and if at the playgrounds how briskly …so you weren't walking for 7 hours and if at the playgrounds how briskly are you walking if accompanied by kids!?how do you think people you see walking when you are walking are relevant or representative? how many people indoors do you see when you are outside?it STILL isn't all about youYOU are not 100% of people

It is all about me. You are all just minor characters in the story of my life.
brilly5 m ago

so you weren't walking for 7 hours and if at the playgrounds how briskly …so you weren't walking for 7 hours and if at the playgrounds how briskly are you walking if accompanied by kids!?how do you think people you see walking when you are walking are relevant or representative? how many people indoors do you see when you are outside?it STILL isn't all about youYOU are not 100% of people

Stop hair picking.
deeky1 m ago

Stop hair picking.

Hair splitting or nit picking... have I fallen into a trap?
summerof762 h, 24 m ago

And you have to be back home before your curfew? That tag on your left leg I assume you treat it as extra weight?

^^^joking^^^
CoeK1 m ago

Hair splitting or nit picking... have I fallen into a trap?

summerof762 h, 27 m ago

but is it a brisk walk?
31778445-Iyx4Z.jpg
shabbird4 m ago

but is it a brisk walk? [Image]

maccy11 m ago

lol
shabbird5 m ago

lol

She is still on her phone immediately after getting out
maccy12 m ago

She is still on her phone immediately after getting out

lol that would not be me. Rule number 1. Protect the takeaway.
shabbird28 m ago

lol that would not be me. Rule number 1. Protect the takeaway.

Years ago I was running for a bus carrying a takeaway. Medium lamb curry, 2 nan breads and a couple of seekh kebabs. I was going like the clappers and went arse over tit, the takeaway going underneath me. I got up and was stood there with a carrier bag with no bottom in it, just dripping the remnants of any remaining curry onto the floor.

Try not to visualise it, I don;t want you getting upset
deeky17 m ago

Years ago I was running for a bus carrying a takeaway. Medium lamb curry, …Years ago I was running for a bus carrying a takeaway. Medium lamb curry, 2 nan breads and a couple of seekh kebabs. I was going like the clappers and went arse over tit, the takeaway going underneath me. I got up and was stood there with a carrier bag with no bottom in it, just dripping the remnants of any remaining curry onto the floor. Try not to visualise it, I don;t want you getting upset

too late.. already upset. Such lovely food goes to waste because someone thinks they are Usain Balti
shabbird4 m ago

too late.. already upset. Such lovely food goes to waste because someone …too late.. already upset. Such lovely food goes to waste because someone thinks they are Usain Balti

shabbird1 h, 10 m ago

too late.. already upset. Such lovely food goes to waste because someone …too late.. already upset. Such lovely food goes to waste because someone thinks they are Usain Balti

he fell on top and looked like he'd chaat himself
Edited by: "brilly" 24th Aug 2017
deeky1 h, 47 m ago

Years ago I was running for a bus carrying a takeaway. Medium lamb curry, …Years ago I was running for a bus carrying a takeaway. Medium lamb curry, 2 nan breads and a couple of seekh kebabs. I was going like the clappers and went arse over tit, the takeaway going underneath me. I got up and was stood there with a carrier bag with no bottom in it, just dripping the remnants of any remaining curry onto the floor. Try not to visualise it, I don;t want you getting upset

It's funny seeing a man go ass over tit lol (get it ?)
..... Ok
So you looked like you crapped yourself and smelled like it too
airfix46 m ago

It's funny seeing a man go ass over tit lol (get it ?)

No
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants