Groups
    EXPIRED

42" HD Plasma or LCD and/or Surroud Sound System

Right, I am moving into my new apartment in the new year and would like a 42 HD TV. Not sure if to get a Plasma or LCD so Ill say either.

I also want a nice surround sound system. Not necessarily the cheapest, say about £200-£300 for a system that should be a lot more. I love the systems with the tall speakers like below

sony.co.uk/vie…Kit

So TV and surround sound systems.

The best price I seen for a SAMSUNG PS42S5H 42" HD plasma was in martin doors (thinks its spelt like that) for £1400.

3 Comments

i would wait if i were you, there are not many if any at all that produce true HD.

hdtvinfoport.com/HDT…tml

there is some good info on here, and check the spec of the TV against these resloutions.

Different Views of SDTV and HDTV-Resolution

Digital TV - SDTV:

480i - 704x480 interlaced
    480p - 704x480 progressive

Digital-HDTV:

720p - 1280x720 progressive
    1080i - 1920x1080 interlaced
    1080p - 1920x1080 progressive

most HDTV's are on the 720p, more advanced HDTVs will will be out shortly that do 1080i. i would wait for one of those.

JohnFisher

Right, I am moving into my new apartment in the new year and would like … Right, I am moving into my new apartment in the new year and would like ....a nice surround sound system. Not necessarily the cheapest, say about £200-£300 for a system that should be a lot more. I love the systems with the tall speakers like below……http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct.action?product=HT-SF800M&site=odw_en_GB&pageType=Overview&category=HCS+Cinema+Surround+Kit

Not sure of prices down the local high street, but the Sony SF800M is available here for £302.70 (+ free shipping)...

hifibitz.co.uk/pro…502
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best way to use Tesco club card vouchers?910
      2. Virgin Media - what is a good price?615
      3. New Layout is Confusing: How to I navigate to specific items!?67
      4. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??56

See more discussions